Chapter 13

The maids and the bodyguards did as they were told, which was a relief. I had a pass from cleaning my room- and yes I fully meant my room. Without my parents constantly checking if the two of us slept in the same room, (F/N) and I agreed to sleep in separate rooms. It was for the better anyway. Somehow, whenever I'm near her, this weird mushy feeling erupts from my chest and I absolutely hate it. I can't fight it too.

I slammed my back against the soft cover of the mattress, deciding it was time to take a break from all the unpacking. We were fortunate to get an A/C in majority of the rooms, yet I can still feel the sweat running down my back. With a tired sigh, I sat up, intercrossing my arms and lifting up the hem of my shirt before peeling it off my sweaty-ass body. I ran my fingers through my hair, and stood up to grab a cold drink from the fridge.

Occupied from rubbing my eyes, I accidentally missed the running figure towards me and she bumped into my chest. I looked down as she looked up.

Sure enough, it was (F/N), sure enough, she was too fucking red for me to not laugh at.

"S-sorry. I-uhm-I'll-be-um-goingnowbye!"

She pulled away from my body, and ran downstairs. Luckily, she didn't mind the sweat.

I chuckled as I made my way down the stairs as well towards the kitchen.

Oh how fate hates her.

She was in the kitchen, attempting to make dinner. Wasn't that the maid's job? This woman probably made them clean the laundry or something. She still didn't notice my presence, so I leaned against the doorway until she did. Her hair was pulled back in a messy ponytail, her baby-hairs sticking her forehead. Mouth parted, she rushed back and forth dropping ingredients in the pan and the trash in the garbage. She even bothered to wear an apron to, how adorable. (See what I mean by I can't fight it?) The oil from the pan suddenly bursted and she let out a yelp and winced from the pain.

I furrowed my brows and made my way towards her, ignoring her surprised gaze. Gently taking her arm, I rubbed the slightly burning spot on her wrist. I didn't need to look up to know she was more than embarrassed.

"Be careful, woman. Y'know I should really consider buying you gloves or something." I chuckled.

She turned her head away, "N-no, you should consider putting some c-clothes on, really."

Teasingly, I used her wrist to pull her closer to me, my free hand securing around her waist to prevent her attempts of escaping.

"What for? It's still hot with the a/c full blast, and it's not as if this is the last time you'll see me like this."

She struggled to pull away, her actions only lowering her chances of escaping. With a defeated sigh, she lowered her head.

"Why do you so badly want to resist what you obviously want?"

"Because I'm cooking, you dumbass."

...Oh yeah.

Reluctantly I let her go, and she rushed back to flip whatever the heck she was cooking in the first place. I still found it somewhat amusing how her blush continued to blossom under my gaze. I opened the fridge and took a cold water bottle, before heading back upstairs. I'll probably tease her some more, but for later.

The cold water flowing down my throat contrasted with the heat I felt, it was refreshing. The sight of my unfinished packing caught my gaze, and I inwardly groaned. Of course, I forgot about that. Resentfully, I took two steps towards that monster luggage when my phone vibrated against the wooden table. I leaped with happiness to answer it, thanking whoever the hell stopped me from doing more work.