Chapter 7

Cliche as it sounds, by the time we've reached home, the night has fallen at our shoulders. Luckily, we've been able to finish majority of the wedding preparations. All that was needed were the invitations, and of course, the discussion of the honeymoon.

Now don't get me wrong, but how am I suppose to discuss this topic without earning a punch in the face when Icey and I are alone? I still need this pretty face y'know.

We were seated at the dinner table, but not for the purpose of eating. My father squinted through his glasses, said item were reflecting houses, swimming pools, and probably places in which he'll decide where the honeymoon would eventually take place.

"How about Paris, love?"

My dad grunted. "Everyone always goes for Paris. City of Love? Hmph. I'd rather leave these two in a dinosaur cage."

I rolled my eyes. "Dad, how about like Florida? New York? Mexico?"

"Absolutely not! As far as I know, majority of your ex-girlfriends lived in those places!" Okay mom... how do you even remember that??

"Ahh! Here we go," he clicked on a certain page, "London. The UK."

'How original.'

"(F/N), what do you say?" My parents purposely must've asked her. Now that I'm looking, she looks a little glum, more glum than usual. She raised her head and nodded.

"London's great."

..That's it? No long ass explanation like last time? What happened to her.

My mother obviously didn't notice her sudden change of behavior so she just grinned, clapping her palms together.

"London it is!"

We all retired to our rooms, meaning I was finally alone with (F/N). I'm not usually a heartless human being, but what on Earth was wrong with her today? She was fine during the wedding preparations.

I turned to my side, encountering the sight of her back. I reached a hand and tapped her shoulder twice.

"Yo. Hey. You awake still?"

She was still, and I nearly assumed she really did fall asleep until she replied.

"What."

"You okay?"

"Yeah."

"You sure?"

"Yeah."

"..Are you jealous of that girl.. what was her name-oh! Freya?"

"..."

I raised a brow, hiding the smirk that fought to raise to my lips. Does she actually like me-?

"Why would I be jealous. What reason is there?"

I scoffed. "If I'm not mistaken, I'd say your sudden change of behavior began as soon as we finished talking to her. Look if you're jealous of her don't even bother. We're getting married anyway. And why would you care? You obviously don't like me, and I will never like you either! Sheez."

She stayed quiet, and I heaved a heavy sigh. I flipped over so my back was facing hers as well.

"This marriage is only for a month. Control yourself. If you're falling for me, stop, because I'll never like you back."

I felt the bed flinch. For a moment, a surge of guilt rushed through my veins. But quickly it was drained by the return of her cold voice.

"Don't feel special. I don't like you."

"Tch. I don't either."