Chapter 14

363 More Days.
June 14, 2015.

Despite the new home, despite the comfortable bed, despite the cold air that replaced the heat, despite being finally alone as I'd long ago wished, I still couldn't sleep. I hated to admit it, but I was far beyond guilty for hurting her like that. Bloodshot eyes scanned the time, and I mentally sighed in relief.

8:00 AM. The usual time (F/N) woke up.

Confirming my thoughts, I heard the soft footsteps descending down the stairs, and a muffled 'Good morning ma'am' from the maid.

Hastily, I shrugged off the covers and opened the door, catching her gaze as she paused at the bottom of the step.

She furrowed her brows, turning away from my gaze and proceeding towards the kitchen. I followed her down the steps to find her seated on the dining table, nibbling on her food quietly.

I took a deep breath, and sat across from her. I bid the maid a silent gratitude as she handed me my breakfast. The silent atmosphere was defiantly killing me, so I made no hesitation to break it.

"I know you're angry, so vent it out."

She didn't respond.

"I hate it when you don't talk to me."

Her eyes lowered towards her lap.

"Dammit, can you just slap me? Smack my face? Kick my shins? Punch my stomach? I'd rather cut my throat than to not hear you even complain."

"Where were you last night?"

I sighed in relief. "I took a breath of fresh air."

She looked up, eyes flushed with confusion. "For six hours?!"

I narrowed my eyes, "So?! What's wrong with that?! Look, a whole entire marriage was forced upon me I still haven't gotten much free time for myself with all these wedding arrangements. Maybe I just wanted some time alone for myself!"

"You weren't alone."

I froze.

"You were with someone named Freya. I checked your phone."

I scoffed, "So now you're invading my privacy?"

"We're married-"

"Cut the marriage crap! You know fully well we don't even like each other!"

"So it's okay for you to lie to me while I get scolded and screamed at for reading a single text?!"

I hadn't noticed she stood from her seat until I noticed her suddenly towering over me. Her eyes were brimmed with angry tears. Great, I made her cry yet again. That sinking feeling returned, dammit of all times.

Noticing my silence, she shut her eyes and took a deep breath.

"I will be in my room. If you've calmed down let me know."

She excused herself after a wipe from a napkin, her chair scraping against the wooden floor as she pushed back and walked off. I followed as her figure rushed up the stairs, wiping her eyes before she disappeared out of my sight.

Huffing my cheeks, I resumed eating my breakfast. Deciding to change the topic, I nervously smiled at the chef whom was now cleaning up the plate with the maid.

"This breakfast is delicious, Bubbah."

He looked at me with a slightly raised brow,

"I.. did not.. make. That.. food.. you eat.. from... last night.. pretty boss.. made.. it.."