Chapter 15

The atmosphere wasn't too hot, neither was it too cold. It was practically a perfect day to walk under the sun, even in our unforgivable attires. Our hands were still laced together, tight, and neither of us were willing to let go. We've only walked for about a mile or two in silence, but it wasn't awkward, not even one bit. How real couples find it awkward to be together in silence was beyond me. I thought it was refreshing, not that I hated hearing her voice, but it felt rather nice just listening to nature without anything pooping on your shoulder.

May I also add a prayer to God that I didn't just jinx myself.

The two of us knew the good side of the town is yet to come, since there were hardly any people as we continued to walk. The leaves dusting against the pavement were the only company we had, save it for a couple of cars that passed by and a woman or two rushing in her heels while conversing in her phone.

Another mile had passed, but I still couldn't feel myself growing tired nor did my breathing grow haggard. Was I walking slow? Am I getting old? Aw man.

"Robbie, I think there's a little marketplace over there!"

Before I even had the time to look, she was already pulling me. I stumbled for a step before I finally caught up with her. Note to self, speed is probably her secret power.

I nearly crashed towards her back if I didn't find my balance faster. Taking in the sight, I let out an amused chuckle. The marketplace wasn't as crowded just as I'd secretly hoped. Whipping my head towards the figure next to me, a smirk made its way to my features at the sight of her gaping like a fish.

I raised my free hand to poke her cheek. "Are you just gonna stare or should we start trying out some free samples?"

She snapped her head to meet my gaze, her eyes sparkling with delight. "There's free samples?!"

"Follow me, mi'lady."

I playfully grinned as I pulled towards one of the fruit stands. A man, probably in his mid 40's, noticed our sudden presence and he released a welcoming grin. He raised his hands, "Ah! Good day to you lovely young couple, care to try some our fresh watermelons and citrus fruits?"

My response was cut off as (F/N) took a step forward with a nod and a genuine smile. "Please. And may I try the grapes as well?"

The man smiled, "Why of course, young one." He then he scooped out quite a few of the said fruits he offered to us, adding some extra grapes to grant (F/N)'s wish. With a hum, he handed the plate, along with two forks.

The two of us immediately took a bite on the offered fruit. My brows shot up in surprise, the watermelon tasted delicious, with a hint of sugar. The orange however tasted a little bitter. Judging from (F/N)'s face, the grapes were far away from being half-bad.

"Can we please buy the grapes and the watermelons?" (F/N) said, as she took another bite of the grape.

With a chuckle, the man's thick English accent rang in our ears yet again. "There's no need to pay for it my dear. This one's on me."

"But sir--"

He held a hand up to stop me from speaking. "Ah! Ah.. I've been working in this market place long enough to recognize those who come and those who go. Never have I seen the both of you until now. You two must've recently came." Then he slyly smiled. "Ehh? ..I will guess the both of you are on a honeymoon?"

A burst of red blossomed on my wife's cheeks, the man didn't need a spoken answer to know that was a big 'yes'.

"Anyways, here you go," with that he handed the bag filled with the organic fruits. He was generous enough to slice the watermelons into pieces and placing them in a little container so we wouldn't need to struggle carrying it along the way. "But do come back for another visit, aye?"