Chapter 18

My heart was still at the pit of my stomach when I finally reached home. I bid Freya and a 'Goodnight' and 'Thanks' as I made my way inside the mansion. With a deep sigh, I unlocked the doors and pushed my way inside.

I trudged my way up the stairs, slamming myself down at the mattress once I reached my room. I glanced at the last few messages from earlier.

'It's alright. Tell us when you're here.'

'..On second thought, I got a stomach ache and kind of went home. I was closer to the exit so I just took a cab. Sorry.'

Groaning to myself, I threw the phone to my side, raising an arm to cover my eyes. I breathed deeply, struggling to calm myself. When I thought I had finally calmed down, the sound of doors opening and cheerful chattering from downstairs took my attention. I immediately sat up, and began clutching my stomach, praying that they'll buy it.

As I'd predicted, (F/N) came running inside the room. She dropped her bags on impulse, and proceeded to crouch to my side. Her face showed various signs of concern and panic, I nearly punched myself for lying to her.

She bit her lip, taking my face in her soft hands. Her thumb drew circles against my cheek. "Are you alright? Do you need medicine? Anything? Water?"

I shook my head, reaching up to place my free hand over her own. I smiled apologetically, "I'm fine. I'm sorry for making you worry."

That was a lie. I wanted to apologize for something else. But I couldn't bring myself to do it.

She sighed in relief, freeing me from her grasp. For a moment I missed her touch.

"I hope you'll be well by tomorrow. We have a big day ahead of us."

I nodded, paying no heed to her words. I was far too tired to hold a conversation, so I lied on the mattress and quickly fell into a deep sleep. The last thing I remember was a pair of soft lips against my temple, and a smile forming on my face.

361 More Days.
June 16, 2015.

"Sir! Sir! ..Sir Robbie! Mr. Pan! ..Sir, please wake up!"

My beautiful dream of being married to a cheeseburger was interrupted by some abrupt (and may I add strong) shaking. I quickly woke up, not wanting to face the wrath of my wife.

..Was I drunk or why is my wife suddenly a man?

"Thank goodness you're awake sir! Please, come downstairs and help us prepare for the party."

I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes, stretching and yawning as I sat up.

Party? What party? It was the middle of June. Are we switching from 4th of July to June now? Deciding not to drown in further confusion, I made my way down the stairs. I was greeted with various decorations hanging from the rooms and across. Food and lots of desserts nearly organized against the kitchen counter. A cake was at the center of the table.

To top off the main question, a giant 'Happy Birthday' banner hung from one side of the wall to the other.

..Slow clap for me for being a terrible husband by womanizing AND forgetting his wife's birthday. Where's my douchebag award?

"Speaking of the devil, where is she?" I questioned.

"Sir, we asked her to run some unnecessary errands so she can leave the house for a while and spare us some time to decorate. She will be back in about an hour, please sir get ready. Do you have your gift for her as well sir?"