Chapter 2 - Mistake

Start from the beginning

"Actually, I have been noticing this girl, the girl you mentioned. Jeon Jihyun."

My brows rose up.

Noticing?

Someone notices me?

I shifted a bit in my place to get a glimpse of who Chanyeol is talking to but it was no use. "She cares about nothing else but studying and her books."

"Of course that is true. She is a total nerd." Chanyeol shrugged. "But I know she knows me."

"She does not care about you."

Oof.

I almost laughed because it is true. You're good at observing Chanyeol's friend.

"That is impossible she is a girl!"

I frowned.

What does he mean by that?

"Not because she is a girl does not mean she is one of your fangirls, Yeol."

"What are you trying to tell me?" Chanyeol asked with a serious look plastered on his face. That look that scares the hell out of every boy in this school.

But the guy he was talking to just sighed and continued on speaking. "Chanyeol, your popularity does not really matter. Grow up, man... You will soon graduate high school yet you only care about your popularity. How about your grades? Your future?"

Hmm... The way this guy speaks already tells that he is really close to Chanyeol.

"Whatever, Byun Baekhyun. You cannot control my life."

"You're just trying to make me mad, Byun Baekhyun," said Chanyeol seriously. "No I am not. I told you I just want to let you know about it," Baekhyun replied.

Finally had enough listening to their conversation, I walked out of the library. I made sure I was quiet so I won't be discovered by the two boys.

Byun Baekhyun? That name sounds familiar...

----------

I am currently inside the school's library to have my recess. I sat at my usual spot, the table at the farthest corner of the room, and looked at the results of my test.

I had 99 out of 100 on my math test. I believe that my last equation is right so I am going to recheck it and show it to my teacher if ever she did had a mistake on checking my paper.

"Hey you! Jeon Jihyun!" someone called me which made me stop chewing.

With my brows knitted together I looked to the direction where the voice came from. It surprised me to see that it was Chanyeol who called me.

He is standing a few meters away from me with his hands in his pockets.

Why is he calling me? Is there anything he needs from me?

Well whatever it is, I will leave it be. I am leaving this place.

I put my unfinished sandwich back in its container and my book back in my bag. Then I slung my bag onto my shoulder and I walked past him.