.3.

1422 words yeee I really like writing this story. I like writing about two completely different people

~~

Tyler heard a key in the lock and put his piglet aside. He looked at the door that opened and his heart dropped.

"You've got to be fucking kidding me", he muttered as he saw Joshua in the doorway.

"Uhm, hi", Joshua muttered. Tyler turned his back to Joshua and continue listening to his music.

Joshua closed the door and walked in. He sat down on the bottom bed and opened his suitcase.

Tyler heard some shuffling around, probably Joshua trying to give everything in his suitcase a spot in the room. But then it got quiet, and he couldn't hear Joshua walking and shuffling around anymore.

"Tyler?" Joshua spoke up. Tyler turned the volume of his music down.

"What", he replied.

"...I'm sorry", Joshua said. Tyler sighed softly. He didn't move immediately, but eventually pulled out his earbuds and rolled over, so he was looking at Joshua. He was sitting on the bottom bed with his knees pulled up to his chest, arms wrapped around his legs and chin resting on his knees.

"I..." Joshua trailed, getting nervous when Tyler looked at him. He averted his gaze.

"I didn't mean to make you feel bad. I didn't mean to say that your reason why you're doubting Him isn't big enough. I... I know I chose the wrong words to say what I was trying to, and I know I crossed a line. I'm really sorry", Joshua told him.

Tyler softly sighed as he looked at the nervous brown haired boy.

"You just can't go around saying stuff like that about people you don't even know", Tyler said. Joshua nodded. "I know, I know. I'm really sorry", he sighed softly, still not daring to look at Tyler.

"I'm sorry I yelled at you", Tyler said. Joshua's eyes carefully looked up at Tyler now. It was Tyler's turn to look away.

"Could've just walked away. It's just that the topic is quite... sensitive to me". He sighed.

"A place I don't wanna be plus something that is super sensitive to me equals angry Tyler, so yeah... I'm sorry for that too", he said.

"It's okay", Joshua told him. Tyler's eyes met Joshua, who softly smiled at him. He returned it.

"We just got a little tour around the campsite right before we were allowed to go to our cabins, and we have... three more hours off before dinner, so, if you want to..." Joshua trailed.

"Yeah, show me around", Tyler said as he got up and climbed down the ladder. Joshua smiled as he stood up and grabbed his key. Tyler pocketed his phone and they left the cabin.

Tyler lit a cigarette as they walked down the steps of their cabin and Joshua showed him where everything was.

"It actually looks quite nice", Tyler said. "It's that I really really do not want to be at this camp. But if I did, I would probably even be excited", Tyler said.

"Why are you here if you don't want to?" Joshua asked. "'Cause I got in trouble in school one too many times and my parents sent me here 'cause I refused to go to church", Tyler shrugged.

"But don't you think Church camp could be fun?" Joshua asked. "Not if you don't believe that God is real", Tyler replied.

"But why... what caused you to lose faith? Did you ever believe that He in fact is real?" Joshua asked as they sat down on the steps of their cabin. Tyler took a drag from his cigarette.