Quidditch

(A/N: @Alexanderdanghethin Here you go!! Sorry for the super duper long wait! ~SP)

"Jim Kirk is reaching out for the golden snitch! He's almost got it! He's- AH!" The student announcer jumped to the ground as Jim came zooming by overhead.

"Sorry!" Jim shouted over his shoulder, not taking his eye of the small golden winged ball.

"But what's this?!" The voice boomed excitedly. "Ravenclaw player Spock seems to be right on his tail!" Jim shouldn't have looked back, he knew he shouldn't've done it, but he did. He looked back to see the concentrated face of Spock behind him. He weaved from side to side doing anything in his power to get Spock off his trail, or at least get in his way. Spock dove underneath him and then shot up directly in front of him, making him loose his balance for a second. "Spock has nearly knocked Kirk off of his broom! Gryffindor and Ravenclaw are now all tied up with a beautiful shot from Hikaru Sulu, but the golden snitch would determine an instant winner!" The voice finished.

"Playing dirty, huh?" Jim practically growled. He hadn't expected Spock to hear him, but the glare he got in response was more than enough to prove him wrong. They continued racing towards the snitch side by side, bumping each other as they went. They both began to close in on the golden winged ball and- SNATCH! Both of them grabbed onto a wing. They both stared at the snitch then at each other. The imbalance between them caused them both to falter. They stared at each other in horror as they erratically flew around the field.

"Let go, Kirk." Spock glared.

"You let go!" Kirk countered. They were quickly descending to the ground faster and faster. Kirk stared at the ground and looked to Spock and the golden snitch. Jim shrieked as he leapt off of his broom, tackling Spock. He wrapped his arms around him as they spiraled towards the ground, their rogue brooms shooting into the huffelpuff seating area.

CRASH

"Hello?" Kirk asked, his throat dry, his voice soft.

"You're awake!" Bones said excitedly. "Drink some water, you need it." He said holding a glass of water to Kirk's lips. He helped him drink the whole glass of water before saying anything else. "Better?"

"Yeah, thanks."

"Should be, you goddamn idiot! What were you thinking?! You jumped from your broom and brought 'Mr. it's-not-easy-being-green' down with you! You could've died! You're lucky you only have a concussion! Your skull could've cracked open! Your neck could've snapped! How could you have been so reckless?!"

"I'm sorry!" He shouted in reply.

"Sorry doesn't cut it! You need to start giving a shit about what happens to you, because I do and I can't be the only person responsible for your wellbeing." McCoy had stopped yelling by then and his voice was low and angry.

"I-I'm sorry." It came out as a whisper. McCoy stared at Kirk for a while then sighed.

"You're killin me, kid." His voice was tired. "Just... be careful, alright?"

Jim nodded wordlessly. After McCoy walked away he sat in his own self pity, thinking about how he never considered how is own injuries could effect others.

"Fucking idiot." He cursed to himself.

"I beg your pardon?" Came an offended voice from his side,

"Not you, me." He said, shaking his head as he turned to look at the person to his left. "Wait, hey!" He shouted as he saw it was Spock. "Yes, You! You could've gotten both of us killed!"

"I was attempting to capture the snitch, you were the one who almost got us killed." Spock argued.

"Yeah, well it takes two to tango, pointy." He glared.

"Pointy?" Spock asked the question mostly to himself.

"Hey." Kirk sighed. "I didn't mean that. You look fine." He said looking over at Spock. "Actually," he said as he began to look at Spock more closely. "You're kinda cute."

Spock turned to looks at him and he felt his cheeks heat up. He gave half a smile and received a small green blush and an eyebrow raise in return.

"You're in my potions class, right?" Jim asked, turning to get a better look at him.

"I am." Spock replied with a nod.

"We should study together sometime." He said with a smile.

"I wouldn't be opposed to that." Spock replied.

"Alright." Jim said with a widening grin. "It's a date."