Double Date

"Get dressed baby, we're going out tonight!" Kirk's excited voice filled the living room. He jumped over the couch only to walk over to Spock who was sitting in his reading chair.

"I do not recall making any plans." Spock said, accepting the 'hello kiss' that Kirk had offered.

"Yeah, but Bones just invited us to go out on a double date with him and his new lady friend." Kirk shimmied his shoulders as he said 'lady friend'. "The other couple that was going with them just cancelled." He added. "So we were his second choice, but let's not think about that. We're going out!" He smiled, joyfully.

"And who is this lady friend?" Spock asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Her name is Rachelle." Jim said with a smile.

"Rachel?" Spock questioned.

"No it's Rachelle, like Ruh-shell. Anyway she's from just across town, she's a Taurus, her favorite color is yellow, she has three sisters, two brothers, and she's got a dog named socks." Jim finished.

"Do you do this much research on all of Leonard's dates?" Spock raised an eyebrow fondly.

"Not all of them." He smiled, trying to justify his intense research. "I just want to know about the people I'm going to be spending the whole night with." He added.

"That is logical." Spock said with on nod.

"Good, now let's go go go." Kirk tapped Spock's butt with each 'go'. He chuckled as they ran up the stairs. They got ready and just as they were about the leave Kirk got a text.

'Are y'all on your way? Rachelle & I just got in the car.' ~BonesMcGrump

'Ye Spock and I are getting in the car rn, be there in 5.' ~Kirk

"Alright, I'll drive." Kirk grabbed the keys and Spock hopped in the passengers side. They were at the restaurant in 5 minutes, just as Jim promised.

Jim got out of the car just in time to see McCoy opening the door for Rachelle. He waved and McCoy waved back. He walked over to them, leaving Spock in the car, he was still fixing his shoe.

"Jim, so glad you could make it." Bones smiled.

"I'm glad to be here." Jim said with a bright smile. "And you must be the beautiful Rachelle." Jim took her hand, kissing it.

"Why thank you." She smiled. "And you must be the all too charming Jim." She said with a laugh.

"Do try to be too charming, remember that you've got a date of your own." McCoy said jokingly, earning laughs from both Rachelle and Jim. "Where is-" Jim cut him off.

"The love of my life should be joining us in just a moment." He said with a smile. "How about you two grab a table and we'll meet you inside in just a minute?" Kirk suggested, looking back at the car.

"Sure." McCoy said, Rachelle nodded.

"Alright, then I'll see you two inside." He smiled, walking towards the car. He opened the door only to find Spock just sitting there. "You okay, babe?" He asked, putting a hand on his knee. Spock took his hand and held it. "What's wrong honey?" He asked, more concerned.

"I am feeling an emotion that I do not understand. I feel that I must have you at my side." Spock explained.

"Then I won't leave your side the whole night." Kirk took both of Spock's hands in his own, kissing them.

"Thank you, ashayam." Spock thanked, kissing his cheek.

They got out of the car and walked into the restaurant side by side, just as Jim has promised they would.