Magician

This goes along with my Headcannon! Vulcans are insanely impressed by magicians! Street magicians, professional magicians, even just little kids doing card tricks! I feel like they don't have that sort of simple and fun mysterious kind of entertainment on their planet and they'd just be so amazed by it. So here's the Magician!Spirk AU no one asked for!
-

"Mother, is it imperative that we spend our time in such an unproductive way?" Spock's monotonous voice filled Amanda's ears.

"Spock, it isn't useless." Amanda countered. "It's fun." She said joyfully. "If you don't want to think about it that way then think of it as a deeper study in human culture." She said with a gentle smile. "Don't you want to learn about your mother's culture, your culture?" She put her hand on his shoulder.

"Research into one's own identity is," He paused for a moment looking down at his mother's slowly fading smile. "Logical." He finished, watching as the smile reappeared lighting up her rosy cheeks.

"To be honest, I've never been to Riverside." She said walking down the street. "I don't think I've been to Iowa at all." She added with a grin. They continued their way towards the town hall, soon making their way inside. As Amanda spoke to the woman at the front desk, Spock stood back, avoiding any unnecessary communication.

"Hi there, how can I help you?" The woman's voice was soft and kind.

"Do you know if there are going to be any events going on in the town this week? My son and I are going to be staying here for a while." Amanda said with a smile.

"I have some wonderful news for you! This week the town is actually going to be filled family oriented activities! The summer carnival is going to be going on all week." The woman's happy go lucky attitude only enhanced as she spoke. "It's all free and payed for by sponsors so families of all shapes, sizes, and species can have fun!" She handed Amanda a flier from the stack she had behind the desk and began to describe some of the events.

Spock continued to ignore their conversation as he looked around, staring at all the newspaper articles that were framed on the walls. He walked around, skimming over each article, they were all about accomplishments made by residents of the town or the town itself.

"Thank you so much for all the help." Amanda said politely, walking back to Spock.

"No problem, y'all have a nice day now." She waved to them as they left.

The further they walked into the town, the more crowded the streets became, and the more difficult it became to agree on what they should do.

"Spock, would you want to go on the Ferris wheel? Oh would you like some cotton candy? What about the fun house? Look, they've got a petting zoo!" Amanda's excitement almost seemed contagious, except for the fact that Spock was as disinterested as a person could be. Amanda saw the grim look that plagued Spock's face and sighed. "How about we both go our separate ways and then meet back at the town hall in two hours." She suggested. Spock agreed to this and he and his mother walked in two opposing directions.

Spock was walking aimlessly around the far too crowded town square. He would stop every once in a while just to look around and try to find a purpose to all this nonsense. A booming voice pulled him out of his thoughts and made him stop mid-step to see what had caused such a commotion.

"Come one! Come all to see the mind bending tricks of the master of mirage, the king of transformation, the man of mystery and magic, the one the ONLY!-" the voice cut out as a huge plume of smoke exploded from the stage making passerby's stop and stare in awe. Spock watched in interest, joining the crown of onlookers.

A man emerged from the smoke as if he was part of it himself. He wore a black cape which revealed nothing other than his fitted black slacks and shoes. He grinned at the crowd that was now forming around the stage. He cleared his throat.