Home

I laughed at the joke the beautiful woman across the table had just made. I then felt my phone buzz in my back pocket. I looked down at my phone and felt my smile drop.

'Come home now.' -Spock

"I am so sorry, I need to go right now." I apologized. "There's an emergency at home." I explained as worry filled my body. "Maybe we could pick this up some other time?" I threw money down on the table as I rushed out of the restaurant. I hopped into my car and pulled out my phone.

'OMW' - Kirk

I texted him in panic. I threw my phone into the passengers seat and floored it. I flew past a few stop signs but thank god all of the lights I drove through were green. When I finally made it home I skidded into the driveway, wincing as I heard the tires screech. I jumped out of the car and busted through the front door swinging it open so hard the wall shook as the door slammed into it.

"Spock?" I called out. "Spock I'm here!" I shouted running until I got to the door of his room. I swung the door open to find him sitting on his bed, his legs under the blankets. I immediately ran to him. "Are you okay? Are you alright? Are you hurt? Are you bleeding? Did somebody break in?" I was looking him over in a panicked rush. I grabbed either side of his face and looked into his eyes. "Were you injected with something? Can you speak? Blink twice if you can hear me! Can you even blink?" I was about to continue my questioning, but I was interrupted by Spock.

"Yes, yes, no, no, no. No, yes," He paused to blink twice. "Yes." He answered.

I then lifted my hands up and began to speak in sign language; 'Is there a person in the house making you tell me everything is fine?' He sighed and signed 'no'.

"Why did you text me?" I asked as I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

"I am not quite sure." He said seeming puzzled at his own actions.

"Not quite sure? Spock, you made me panic!" I shouted.

"Clearly."

"This isn't a joke!" I retorted angrily. "I was on a date with a really nice girl, Spock." I sighed. "I was having fun." I added in annoyance.

"Is that so?" He asked raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah, that's 'so'." I glared at him.

"Why did you leave?" He asked nonchalantly. "If you were having so much fun?" He added.

"Are you serious?" I didn't let him answer. "Because you texted me, you dick!" I was waving my arms in distress by then. I sighed deeply and put my hand up to keep him from talking. "I'm going to my room. I'm going to sleep. We'll talk about this in the morning." I ended each sentence sharply.

"Wait." Spock called out as I turned around to leave.

"What?" I turned around tiredly.

"I called you home because the woman you were out with us currently in a relationship." He said quickly. I sighed again for what seemed like the millionth time that night and put my head in my hands.

"Are you sure?" I asked tiredly. He nodded. "How do you know?" I asked walking over to sit on the edge of his bed.

"Her boyfriend was tracking her phone. He showed up at our front door almost directly after you left. He was threatening me and being quite obnoxious. I texted you the moment he left, so you would not be caught in a dangerous situation. I recommend you refrain from going on a second date." He finished.

"Fuck." I sighed and flopped down on the bed next to him, going face first into the blankets. "What am I gonna do, Spock?" I practically whined into the blankets.

"I am unsure, it seems I am not the most experienced or knowledgeable in that area." He said quietly.

"Awe, it's okay Spock. I guess nobody's got it easy when it comes to dating." I sighed once again.

"Human emotions are very complicated ashaya, and far too exhausting." His voice was soft almost sounding fond. "Rest for now." I felt him begin to pet my hair as I relaxed, letting my body sink deeper into the bed. I didn't realize I was falling asleep until my body jolted awake shaking me from that vague place between asleep and awake. I was way too comfortable and tired to get up by that point.

"Spock?" I mumbled into the pillow.

"Hmm?" He only hummed in response, obviously as exhausted as I was.

"Could sleep in here tonight?" I asked, turning to face him.

"Mhmm." He replied not even opening his eyes. "Just take your shoes off." He doesn't have the energy to look at me, but he has the energy to tell me to take off my shoes; He's ridiculous I thought to myself with a smile. I ignored my own fond exasperation as I kicked them off and snuggled into the pillow. He continued to pet my hair, running his fingers through it gently. I smiled and snuggled into the touch, subconsciously. I then stopped, just feeling him lazily play with my hair.

"Hey Spock?" I asked through a yawn. He hummed a response once again. "Do you think you'd wanna go out for dinner tomorrow night?" I asked tilting my head to look up at him. "Just the two of us? I think it'll be nice to get out of the house, while trusting the person I'm with for a change." I smiled. "You wanna go?" I asked softly.

"I would very much enjoy it." He replied.