Pampered

"Mr. Spock." I smiled as Spock entered the mess hall.

"Captain." He acknowledged. He then began to approach me, sitting across from me.

"Can I help you with something?" I asked him as he had made no effort to start a conversation. Yes, Spock and I were in a relationship, but we made sure to keep our personal lives out of our work.

"I am unsure." He answered honestly. "I am hoping you may." He finished.

"That's very vague Mr. Spock." I smiled softly.

"My apologies, Jim." He answered immediately. "May I ask you a question?" He asked. I was going to say 'you just did', but I ultimately decided against it.

"Of course." I replied.

"Lieutenant Uhura," he began. "I have noticed something strange about her lately." He said quietly.

"Is there a problem?" I asked now a bit worried.

"I do not believe so..." He trailed of. "For the past week, each day her fingernails have been a different color."

"That is a bit strange." I agreed. "Usually she changes them once a week, tops."

"Is this a natural occurrence?" He asked curiously.

"Her nails?" I asked as I raised my eyebrows. He nodded in confirmation. "It doesn't happen in nature but... Well I would hardly call it unnatural." I laughed. "You've never seen someone paint their nails?"

"I beg your pardon?"

"Oh my goodness! Spock we should paint each other's nails! Oh it'll be so much fun! I'll invite everyone over after alpha shift!" I clapped my hands together in excitement.

I finished up my lunch and smiled. When we got back into our shift I whispered to Uhura about what had happened and she immediately offered to help. Bones took a little more convincing. Chekov and Sulu were both immediately on board, and Scotty just smiled and agreed after I told him that I could teach him how.

By the time our shift was over I could feel everyone on the bridge buzzing with excitement.

Spock walked with me to my quarters and it only took a couple minutes for everyone to start showing up. Uhura was first, barring a large container of nail polish while I only had a few colors myself.

Bones came in with tons if cotton balls and tissues so we didn't stain anything with nail polish. I hopped beside Spock where he sat on my bed. Uhura smiled as she showed him an array of colors.

"Pick a color." She smiled. He seemed hesitant so she began to talk again. "This blue will match your uniform and would also go amazing with your eyeshadow, oh but red! Red looks good on everyone." She smiled. He still seemed hesitant so I piped up.

"Can you do me first!" I knew that tonight was for Spock, but maybe he'd feel more comfortable if he knew he wasn't the only one.

"What color do you want?" Uhura asked with an extremely bright smile.

"Um... Which one do you think I should get?" I asked with a smiled.

"Well, this golden yellow would go perfectly with your uniform, but this blue would make your eyes pop like nobody's business." She said holding up the two colors.

"Ah! I don't know which to choose!" I said excitedly.

"Well, y'know what we could do? We could have a pop nail!" She said excitedly.

"Oooo!" We were giggling excitedly. "Could this hand have the yellow with a blue pop nail and this one have mostly blue with a with a yellow pop nail?" I asked, clapping my hands together.

"Oooo, artsy!" She smiled.

Chekov turned on the tv and we started watching old soap operas. We were two episodes in and my nails had dried by then.

"Rebecca! Don't go with Fernando! He doesn't even love you!" I shouted.

"Shhhhhh!" Sulu slapped my leg from his spot on the floor. His nails a glistening yellow.

"Oh my gosh!" Uhura gasped, pulling away from Spock's unfinished nails. "I have to be right back!" She rushed out of the room.

We continued to watch the soap operas and were shocked when Uhura busted in with wine and ice cream.

She finished Spock's nails and we popped open the wine and ice cream. We poured our glasses, toasted to 'pamper parties' and drank up. I was wine drunk in a matter of minutes.

"You'd never treat me like how Henry treats Tamika, would you?" My face was in his neck.

"Jim please, my nails are still wet." He said fondly.

"But you wouldn't do that to me right?" I said as I turned to meet his eyes.

"Of course not, ashayam." He whispered softly.

"Shhhhhhh! Jonathan just confessed his undying love for Tamika!" Bones said through a mouthful of ice cream.

"You shhh, let me confess my undying love for Spock." I smiled as Spock blushed.

"Jim, you're being ridiculous." He sighed.

"You know I love you." I kissed him on the cheek. "You're my entire universe, my love." I smiled.

"As you are mine, ashaya." He pressed his fingers to mine.

"Awww, sweetheart." I was kissing all over his face now and pretty surprised I wasn't leaving lip marks considering how much wine I had been drinking.

"Holy shoot, you guys are together?" Uhura looked at us with wide eyes. She then began to cry. "You guys are so perfect for each other, I'm so happy for you."

I felt my eyes well up with tears as I pulled her from the floor into a hug. "That's the sweetest thing ever! You're the sweetest person ever." I said between tears.

"I wanna join the hug!" Chekov said with teary eyes.

"Get over here!" I shouted. "Everyone get over here!" I said reaching my arms out to hug everyone. "All of you are my best friends and I love you so much and you're all the best!" I said with a smile.

"I care for all of you as well." Spock said, joining the hug.

"This is so good! I love all of you and I love that you're all here!" I wiped my tears as I said this.

"It was all a trick! Fernando and Henry were together the whole time! They were trying to trick Tamika and Rebecca out of their money! They failed!" Sulu said eating more ice cream.

We all gasped and broke the group hug as we watched the screen intently. Rebecca backhanded Henry and he fell into the table, covering himself in leftover food and fruit punch. Jonathan rushed to his side and stared at the camera, then it cut to a commercial break. 'If you or a loved one has been diagnosed with mesothelioma-' I turned off the TV.

"It's super late guys, we need to go to sleep." I said tiredly. Everyone nodded in agreement. "Goodnight, I love you!" I called out as they all left. I turned to Spock and began kissing him.

"You must rest, vaksur." He whispered softly.

"You can't just call me 'beauty' every time you want to something." I smiled at him.

"You must rest." He repeated.

"I know." I yawned. "Stay with me?" I asked as I lay down.

"Of course." He replied softly.

By the time morning came we were all on the bridge. Everyone had dazzling painted nails and hangovers to match, though no one questioned it because it just seemed as though everyone wanted coffee.

It felt good to have my nails painted, it was a luxury I usually didn't enjoy.