💙 There's no me without you

Requested by: danghwang (Were you gochigochyeo bc idk anymore ;-;)

Genre: Fluffy-fluff!!! Established-relationship <3

Title is from Best of Me; so this had a plot, it died when it came to a time skip hah.

💍💍

Taehyung doesn't really know what he did wrong, but Jungkook is mad at him for something. Or at least he thinks. The younger won't talk to him after they've gone back from the supermarket to buy some things for their kitchen. Now, Jungkook is in their room, sleeping, because he's tired and he's not feeling well and he doesn't want to talk to Taehyung for a while. The last part made Taehyung rethink his entire day, entire week, entire existence. Based on experience, he doesn't ever want Jungkook to be upset at him. Then again, Jungkook is cute when he's mad. So Taehyung is probably having mixed feelings about their situation at the moment.

"I'm going out," Jungkook suddenly emerges from their bedroom, all dressed up and ready to go somewhere. It's snowing. When they're on their better days, Taehyung wouldn't allow Jungkook to go out somewhere since it's cold, Jungkook might get sick. He'd nag about wearing thicker clothing or remind him about how dangerous it is walking around in this kind of weather. In the end, he comes with Jungkook to wherever Jungkook wants to be; holding his hand, lending him his scarf, buying him coffee, anything to keep him warm: because Jungkook is that precious to him.

But this isn't one of those days.

As much as he wants to make up with his baby, he can't, because what the fuck he doesn't even know what Jungkook is angry about! How should he apologize for something bad he unconsciously committed? Jungkook is a reserved kind of person. It's hard to make him talk about things he wants. Heck, sometimes, Taehyung is confused as to what to do with Jungkook, what to say to him. They should have sorted this shit a while ago, at the blossoming stage of their relationship. Years after and he still doesn't get Jungkook's mood swings. Taehyung's just scared of angering Jungkook more so he lets it slide.

"Be careful." He just says, kicking back on the sofa scrolling through channels on the TV. He doesn't even spare a glance until Jungkook had walked out of their condominium unit. He stares blankly at the door and sighs. That wasn't right. Should he follow Jungkook? Yes, he should. But that would upset Jungkook more. Maybe he's gone out because he needed space from Taehyung, yes? Taehyung can just follow him in secret, though. After his self-debate, he decides to follow Jungkook and makes sure the younger doesn't see him. He's worried for his fiancé's safety, after all. Ultimately, he's going to blame himself is anything bad happens to Jungkook. He could get hypothermia for goodness' sake!

Way to go, stupid. He scolds himself. Taehyung hastily puts on his winter coat and scarf and runs to wherever direction Jungkook went.

It's not entirely my fault that he's being like this. He's the one who hasn't told me anything that upset him in the first place! God, Jungkook, if I didn't love you so much I would've strangled the living shit out of you, but I love you so I would never ever do that. Baby, where are you?

It's sometimes funny how Taehyung catches himself being so whipped for Jungkook. Doing things out of his ordinary just to please him. Being extra even in the slightest of details. Wants everything to be perfect for his lover. Back then, Taehyung was one of those teens who had relationships one after the other, wanting to find someone truly worth his time. Then, when he was on his senior year of high school, he met freshman Jungkook. Yes, I know, a five-year school grade gap. It's not too much if you ask me, but back then, it was weird crushing on someone five grades under yours, let alone someone illegal. Taehyung was 18 when he was in 12th grade, Jungkook was still 12. Taehyung approaching his 20s while Jungkook still barely a teen. But he pursued Jungkook anyway, never minding the talks.