💙 Heartbreak Boy

Requested by: -fluffypillow
Genre: Angst (why) with a happy ending

Please don't request any more angst. The fluffiness in me is hurting. And sorry for making Minjae the bad guy here, huehue.

PS. Most of this I don't get. Imma go kms.

💔💘

Jungkook's phone rings at 10 o'clock in the morning, good thing it's Saturday. He groans as he reaches for his phone on the bedside table without looking which results in his phone falling on the floor with a soft thud. Thank goodness for he fluffy carpet breaking the contact of the fragile device to the hard ground.

"This better be worth it," he murmurs getting up to properly pick up his phone. His consciousness awakens when he sees the caller ID. It's Taehyung. Again. The reason why Jungkook wakes up late on a Saturday morning. Taehyung's been crying over the phone again over his breakup with Minjae. And as a best friend, Jungkook's job is to console the older, even though it's also hurting him.

"Hyung?"

"I'm coming over."

The call ends. That was it? Jungkook sighs. Taehyung's voice sounds raspier than his usual, just the aftermath of crying all night, probably. The breakup's still fresh, about two days ago. Jungkook knows Taehyung is head over sneakers in love with the boy who broke his heart. Ever since then, Taehyung had been constantly calling Jungkook, at random times. He'll call when he remembers a memory of him and Minjae, or when a thing reminds him of his ex. Name it all, Jungkook's possibly heard of it.

He hears his mother greet a guest downstairs, "Must be Taehyung." He mumbles to himself before settling back into his warm bed, at least it is there when he needs it the most. Unrequited love for your best friend is so cliché that Jungkook thinks he's living in some kind of story (Oops.)

Without a word, Taehyung barges in the room, locking the door and throws himself on Jungkook's bed like he owns it. Jungkook squeaks when Taehyung's weight is pushing over his body. The older male shifts and lies himself down comfortably beside Jungkook, snuggling up on his best friend.

"Taehyung, you smell terrible. Have you been drinking?"

Taehyung's head shakes, but Jungkook knows he's lying. The smell of alcohol is present, although soft, it's there and he knows Taehyung drinks heavily thanks to his high alcohol tolerance. Maybe Taehyung isn't sober at the moment.

"Are you sober?"

This time, Taehyung nods and he's not lying. Just in deep thought, perhaps thinking about Minjae, again. "Taehyung, this has to stop sometime soon."

"When, Jungkook? I can't feel my... everything. I lost him."

"He'll come back to you, Tae. Who can resist you?" The younger jokes, and again, he lies in attempts to make Taehyung smile. Ending up telling him what he wanted to hear. A slight pang in the chest is felt, the younger fights the urge to say "You still have me." But he knows he couldn't say that face to face with Taehyung. He's contented with what they have now. Best friends, painfully nothing more, thankfully nothing less. Contented? Yeah, right. Keep telling yourself that, Jeon Jungkook, you'll start believing your lies soon.

"There are more people that care about you, Tae. Don't be selfish. You're not the only one that's hurting." Jungkook mutters the last part so Taehyung wouldn't hear. Although half of him wanted his best friend to hear it. Taehyung only moves closer, his heat is dizzying Jungkook. Space is never a problem for both of them. Most people even think that they are the ones dating because of the skinship they initiate.