Twenty.

(Collins' POV)

I watched as she slept. The doctor said she was suffering from sleep deprivation and a high level of stress, explaining why she passed out.
The doctor said she just needed to rest, despite that I was still worried out of my mind.

She looked peaceful while she slept, yet the grazes on her face were prominent as well as the bags under her eyes.
How she had gotten the cuts I didn't know, so made a mental note to ask her at a later date.

She breathed steadily in and out, her chest rising and falling as she did so.

I reached and grabbed her hand, squeezing it with reassurance.
Her hand twitched in mine sending a wave shock throughout me.

"Betts?"
I said softly.

She stirred and hummed slightly.

"Betts?"
I repeated.

"Shh, I'm trying to sleep"
She whispered softly, faint smile playing onto her face.

A gasp left my throat and I immediately pulled her into a tight embrace.

"Thank the lord!"
I cried into her shoulder.

"Collins, are you crying?"
Her giggle vibrated onto my own shoulder, making me shudder.

She pulled away from the hug, the cold air hit my body.

"No"
I sniffled and wiped my nose with my sleeve.

"Ew don't do that"
She teased.

Our laughter filled the room, almost bringing colour to its lifeless appearance.
The dull ache in my chest instantly dissolved as I listened to her laugh.

"You scared me, you know?"
I said as we both settled down.

She played with her hands on her lap.
"Sorry"
She whispered.

"I love you"
My voice was hardly present.

"I love you too, Collins."
Her tone met mine.

I put my hand in my pocket and felt around.

"B-Betty?"
I said, voice trembling.

She lifted her head up.
"Yes?"

I got up from my seat and knelt beside the hospital bed which she was sat in.

I steadied myself and looked up at her.
I pulled the small box from my pocket and lifted it up.

I cleared my throat nervously.

"Betty Harriet Dawson, I've known you for a short while, and in these few weeks I've drown completely drawn to you, your smile, your laughs, your everything. You're my world and I cannot spend one more second without you.
So I'm asking you, well I'm technically begging you, would you please do the honours of being my wife?"
My heart raced madly and my head grew faint. My hands began to shake as I awaited her answer.
I stared at her, watching her expressions carefully.
Maybe this was too fast.
Maybe she doesn't want a husband.
Maybe she's not ready for this.
I slightly regretted my decision. 
Tears welled in her eyes and her hand flew onto her mouth.

"O-of course, y-yes!"
She cried, jumping out of the bed and flinging her arms around my neck.

Both of us were sobbing messes and I'm pretty sure our cries could be heard from miles away, yet it was still just me and her in the moment.

No war, no violence, no anger.

Just love.

-----
Yikes I'm sorry that was so short and not very good :(. There's only a few more chapters to go with this book, sad times.
Anyways, thank you for 3K reads! I can't believe people actually read this aha.
Please do keep reading and voting though, it means a lot!

Edit: 24.4K?!?
If you're reading this don't forget to check out my other book 'Infected'.
Thank you!

Yours truly
El xx