Eight.

stuck:

stʌk/Submit
past participle of stick2.
synonyms:    fixed, fastened, attached, glued,

Verb;

immovable, stuck fast, jammed, immobile, unbudgeable, fast, stiff, fixed, rooted.

~

(Betty's POV)

My heart beat violently in my chest. My cheek still tingled from the kiss he left, which warmed up my whole body;Yet that didn't overrun the feeling of total panic I was enduring at this moment.

All I could think about was him. Not the fact I was in severe danger, not the fact I could've be set on fire at any given moment. Only him.

The fact that I wasn't with him, the fact that he could've been dead or injured. The fact that I wasn't there to make sure he was okay.

It was like I was stuck; I couldn't move and I was frozen, trapped with my thoughts and the sound of my beating heart.

Floods of tears continued to spill as I was dragged away by the boy with the green eyes. Breathing became harder and harder with every passing second and I began to heave. I began to feel dizzy and my eyesight became blurred. Black dots filled my vision and unconsciousness began to take over.

The last thing I could make out before I succumbed was flames spreading from behind, engulfing the other few soldiers setting them on fire.

*****
(About five hours later)

The bright sunlight disturbed me, burning my sensitive eyes. I stirred, trying to rise. I instantly regretted this as my muscles ached and my head throbbed. 

I instantly lay back down, groaning in pain.

"She's awake"
A hushed voice sounded from beside me.

I turned my head to see who had spoken.To my surprise it was the one with the green eyes.

"W-where's Collins?"
I choked out, throat dry and aching for liquid.

" 'M sorry love, we don't know"
He replied back, words full of sympathy.

I bolted up, my body protesting.  

"We need to find him, please! I know he's out there."
I ordered, scanning my surroundings.

My heart dropped when I realised where we were.

We were sat in the middle of the last place I wanted to be;

Dunkirk beach.

-----

Hiii! So that was the eighth chapter, I hope you liked it. I'm really sorry that it was super short but I promise the next few chapters will be long. Also, I'd just like to say thanks for two hundred reads! I didn't actually think that anyone would actually want to read this book, so thankyou it means a lot. Again, thankyou for reading and please do keep doing so. Thankyou sosososo much.

All the love,

E xxx