Three.

trap/ trapped:
trap/Submit
verb;
past tense: trapped; past participle: trapped

To have (something, typically a part of the body) held tightly by something so that it cannot be freed.

~

(Collins' POV , still)

The water began to rise, oozing from the joints of the aircraft; spitting at me from me from all angles. I thrashed about, trying my hardest to break the glass. My heart rate began to increase and I started to panic, once again.

I let out cries for help, yet I  knew nobody would hear. My whole body ached as the power within me quickly decreased. I searched for something below my feet to help break the glass.

A pistol.

I grasped it in my hand and swung it up, to smash what was holding me hostage. Glass embedded itself into my arms, somehow managing to slice through my thick gloves and,somewhat, protective RAF uniform.

I had no time to react and I mostly ignored the pain I was feeling and clambered out of the sinking vessel.

A large sigh of relief left my lungs as I floated around in the water, I was safe for now.

Squinting, I looked into the distance for a sign of help.

I was content to see not a ship but a small sailing boat, around fifty meters away.
"Over here! Over here!"
I shouted, waving my arms around in the water trying to get their attention.

They must have seen me, as they began to head my way.

-----

Hiiii! I'm really sorry that these chapters are really short but don't worry, they'll get longer. I hope your enjoying this story so far and just to let you know, Collins and Betty will meet very soon ;). Once again (as I've said in my other a/n's) thankyou so much for reading...if you could vote and comment stuff it would mean a lot. Thankyou for like the tenth time ;).

All the love
E