Seven.

capture
ˈkaptʃə/Submit
verb;
past tense: captured; past participle: captured

•occupy, invade, conquer, seize, take, take over, take possession of, annex, subjugate;
win, gain, secure

~

Collins' POV:

The way she tried to cuddle into me made my heart skip a beat. I shouldn't have felt this way, we were floating in the sea for God's sake! Yet I couldn't help but watch her sleep, she looked peaceful. I felt bad for just staring at her, as she probably already had a lover at home...waiting for her. The thought of her being with someone other than me made jealousy surge through my body, I had only known this woman for about a day yet I was so intrigued by her and she had me whipped already.

I'm not going to lie, the way she was clinging onto me was slightly uncomfortable. But I didn't complain because it was me she was hanging onto at that moment, nobody else. And because of that I realised:

I could've spent eternity watching her sleep but we didn't have eternity. We'd most likely be separated once this war was over, or even before. So, because of this, i analysed her every feature;

The way her chest rose and fell when she breathed.

The way her cheeks were always rosy, never pale.

The way her smile made every situation brighter.

The way her brunette hair managed to look perfect, in the heaviest of winds. Or in the roughest of waters.

The way she was so very strong, yet so very gentle.

The way her green eyes captured me, pulling me in even deeper.

The way she always managed to smell of flowers, daisies to be exact.

The way she put others before herself without even a second thought.

I had only known this woman for a day or two, but I was captured and couldn't escape no matter how hard i tried. I'd never felt this way before, it almost sounds foolish to say that I even cared about her...let alone maybe had more intimate feelings for her.

There was no antidote for this curse, and in some way, I was glad.

I understood, that if she did have a lover, he was the luckiest man alive. So it was then that I vowed to keep her safe, not so she could be mine, but so she could return to him safe and sound.

I wanted to see her happy, maybe even if it was the last thing I saw.

*****

(About an hour or so later)

I met her emerald eyes again, after she had apologised for hanging onto me.

"'Tis fine love, it kept me warm. I'm glad you got to rest."

I assured her.

Her cheek's turned even more pink as she blushed at my comment and she tried to cuddle back into me.

As she blushed it took all I had in me not to just kiss her there and then. I was honestly falling hard, but I had to ignore it due to the fact that she wasn't falling for me - it hurt to think like that, but if I told her how I really felt, all Hell would break loose and it would be undeniably awkward.