"Brandon did you rape and abuse Elena Lovato or as you would have known her as Santiago for 12 years?" my lawyer asked. I cringed hearing it out loud. I had been raped and abused.

Brandon was still looking at me and I stared back at him. I pleaded with my eyes for him to just say it! get it over with!

He continued stare at me, ignoring the question.

"Sir if you could please answer the question" my lawyer said

A single tear escaped Brandon's left eye "I'm sorry Laney" he whispered over to me.

"Yes" he began to hysterically cry "yes I did" he cried.

Gasps and sighs of both relief and disgust filled the room.

Everything went blurry for me then I remember the judge was speaking but then I felt my body hitting the cold, hard,floor.

________

"Ouch" I sat up from the position I was in with my eyes still closed. I could see the sunlight already.

"Hola hermosa" Wilmer's voice echoed through my head, causing a lot of pain.

I opened my eyes an the bright light hit me through the balcony windows.

When did I even get to the house.

"What happened?" I mumbled to Wilmer who had stood up from the bed and was now at my side.

"You fainted and hit your head" he explained.

I immediately reached for the throbbing pain at the back of my head.
"Well that explains the pain"

"Don't touch it" Wilmer pulled my hand away "you cut your head and had to get a few stiches.

"Oh! wait how long have I been out?" I asked confused, it was still bright out.

"About two and a half hours" he said "we only got back from the hospital 20 minutes ago. I told Demi id stay with you until you woke up, she's talking downstairs with your mom and dad" he sat down on the edge of the bed.

"Wait what happened to Brandon is he gone?" I felt myself tear up, it only hit me that we were in court today.

"Yeah sweetie he's gone, you don't need to worry about him anymore" Wilmer rubbed my arm up and down because he saw I was upset.

"Thank god" I cried crashing into Wilmer's arms, as I left out soft sobs.

"You're safe now" he whispered to me, as he wrapped his arms around me and pulled me close making me feel safe.

The door creaked and it slightly opened.

I slightly turned my head so I could see who it was, still hugging Wilmer.

"I thought I heard your voices" Demi slightly smiled walking in "is everything ok?" she asked kind of confused. it's not often Wilmer and I have moments like this but if it wasn't for him Brandon would still be out there.

"It's ok nena" Wilmer softly replied to her.

She smiled at him and then turned her attention to me "how's your head honey?" she walked over to us sitting down beside Wilmer, leaning over him to stroke my cheek.

"Sore" I replied as she wiped the tears from my face with her thumb.

"I'll go get you the medication the doctor prescribed for you" she stood up and bent down to kiss my forehead.

Wilmer placed his hand on her thigh "I'll get it" He loosened his grip on me and I pulled away.

"All that stairs climbing will kill your back" he kissed her lips and she smiled to thank him.