Chapter 33: Lost Soul

{1 MONTH LATER}

BREANNA’S POV

It has been exactly one month since I woke up and almost everything is healed. My ribs are fully healed and my cast that’s on my leg comes off next week. All I have been doing is lying in bed and I get around by wheelchair if I have to go to the toilet or shower. It’s actually so boring that I would rather be at home arguing with Simon than be here another minute.

Even though this isn’t the same hospital that my parents died in, I still have bad memories of places like this.

“Liam can you please get me some crutches or something?” I ask him and bat my eyelashes. He rolls his eyes and stands up.

“I’ll be right back.”

He exits to the room and I lie back down on the bed and wait for him to come back - with crutches hopefully. I scroll through my contacts and stop on Mary’s name. I haven’t spoken to her in months. She has tried to call me over the past few weeks but I keep rejecting them. I lock the screen and put it back down on the table next to my bed just as Liam comes through the door.

“Here you go.” He says and holds them out for me. I squeal and grin.

“Thank you!” I grab the crutches and he sits back down. I stand up and put them under my arms.

I begin walking and a big smile spreads across my face.

“Liam! Liam I’m walking!” I exclaim and a happy tear rushes down my cheek.

“Let me get a picture!” Liam says happily and holds his phone up.

“No Liam I don’t look good!” I whine.

My hair was in a ponytail (if you could even call it that because it looks so bad), I had no makeup on and I was in one of those ugly - and definitely not flattering - hospital gowns that is white with little navy blue stars. On my ankle I have my ankle bracelet with a star charm. I’ve had it for ages. It’s kind of like a lucky charm.

“Well I think you look lovely! Now smile!” He complains and I give his phone a big cheesy smile.

Liam laughs which makes his eyes crinkle on the sides and I stop to admire him for a second before walking over.

“Look how beautiful you look.” Liam compliments and kisses me on the cheek.

“You do know that lying is a sin.” I tell him but he just laughs.

I walk back over to bed and sit down. I was starting to find it difficult to breathe. My phone lit up and it was a notification that Liam tweeted. I opened it and was a picture of me with the caption ‘My baby is walking again! :D @BreannaCowell’. I roll my eyes and look at Liam to find him looking at me.

“I had to.” Liam says and holds his hands up in surrender.

“Yeah yeah.”

“I’m just going to go to the toilet.” He tells me and I nod.

Not long after he left the nurse who has been looking after me ever since I got here opened the door and entered the room. I learned that her name is Monica but I call her Mon because it’s shorter (obviously).

“Hey Mon.” I smile at her and she gives me a small smile back.

“Hey Bree how are you feeling?” She asks concerned.

“Awesome!” I say and laugh.

“That’s good. I see you got your crutches.”

“Yeah, thanks for them by the way.” I say to her and mean it.