Chapter 31: Okay?

LIAM’S POV

The ground began to shake. Glasses and plates began to fall and shatter on the ground. I put my fork down with pasta still twirled around it and put my hands on the table to brace myself.

“Niall did you feel that?” I say when the small earthquake finished shaking up the earth.

“The ground shake?” He asks continuing to eat his pasta.

“Yeah.”

“Yes I did.”

There was a loud bang coming from somewhere down the hall and then a scream. Niall and I both look at each other then get up from our chairs. We run down the hall and search every door until we reach the source of the noise.

There Bree was. Under the bookcase.

“Bree!” I scream and try to get the heavy bookcase off her.

“Don’t just stand there! Someone call an ambulance and help me get this thing off her!” I yell.

Mia grabs her phone and calls the ambulance and Niall and Simon help me get the bookcase off Breanna. This thing is so damn heavy.

“They’ll be here as soon as they can.” Mia’s words come out rushed.

“Mia grab Bree and get her out from under there.” I order.

She places her phone on the desk and grabs Breanna’s hands then drags her out from under the case. Books and loose pieces of paper scatter on the floor. We get the bookcase up right and against the wall. I reach for Bree and tears stream down my face. I cup her face in my hands and kiss her lips softly.

I hear the sirens of the ambulance coming down the street and I pretty much scream telling someone to go down there to get them. Niall ends up going down.

“Is she going to be okay?” I ask one of the ambulance people as soon as they take a look at her.

“Can’t say yet.” One of the guys answers.

They lift her into a stretcher and take her carefully downstairs to the ambulance.

“Who is coming with her?” The lady asks holding onto the door.

“Me.” I reply instantly and hop into the ambulance with her.

I hold Breanna’s hand the whole way. They literally have to pull me off her so they can get her into the emergency ward. I immediately call Harry and tell him to tell Lou and Zayn to come to the hospital as well.

When he arrives at the hospital I decide that I will apologise to him. I miss seeing his dimple smile.

“Liam?”

My head snaps up and to meet Harry’s glassy eyes. I get up from the uncomfortable hospital chair and hug him.

“Is she okay?” He asks quietly.

“I don’t know…” I reply quietly.

“Harry I am really sorry. For everything.” I say when he pulls away from the hug.

“Don’t worry about it, I would have done the same thing.” He replies and we sit down.

Zayn and Louis arrive five minutes later and they are almost as stressed out as I am. I explain what happened.

“Everything will be fine Liam, I promise.” Niall says looking me right in the eye and for some reason this comforts me.

“That’s a big thing to say.” I say to Niall.