Chapter 14: The Aftermath

Breanna's Outfit: 

http://www.polyvore.com/breannas_outfit_no.1/set?id=102202166&lid=4004901

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I still lay on the mattress though I should probably get up. I sit up slowly and I realise that I am still naked. I stand up as calmly as I can but the pain in my shoulders and back is excruciating so I sit back down for a few seconds and then get back up again. It still hurts but I need to dress myself before anyone sees me. I dress myself as quickly as I can, grab my handbag and sit in the bus shelter. I take a deep breath before I grab my phone out of my bag but my eye catches something else, something silver and shiny. Just what I need. I pull it out and cut a new line on each wrist to help deal the pain. I put my bandages back on before calling Liam.

“Hello it’s Liam!” I sigh when Liam picked up. “I’m sorry I can’t talk to you right now but please leave a message and I will get back to you!”

I start to cry harder when I realise that I was sent straight to voicemail. The beep had gone off and I didn’t realise until a few seconds after.

“Liam… Please pick up… I need you…” I say between sobs and hang up.

I sit in the bus shelter and slowly drift off to sleep with my phone in my hand. What seems like seconds I was awoken by a call from Liam. Oh my goodness Liam! I answer but I don’t say anything because I had begun crying again.

“Bree where are you?” He asks panicking.

“The bus shelter… in front of Anne’s Flowers.” I reply.

“Okay, I’ll be there in 15 minutes. Don’t move.” I nod even though he can’t see me and he hangs up.

I checked the time on my phone and it was midnight and I begin crying once again. I check myself in the camera and I look like a fricken raccoon, it’s actually quite scary. No offense to all those raccoons out there, you guys are seriously adorable creatures. The dark circles around your eyes really suit you.

As Liam said on the phone minutes ago he arrived. He was wearing grey tracksuit pants and a white T Shirt. I'm not going to lie... he looks really attractive.

“Bree! Oh my God what happened?!” He asks shocked and pulls me into a tight hug. I flinch as the pain shoots up my spine but I ignore it and wrap my arms around him.

“Can we just… just go b-back to your h-house?” I ask through my tears.

“Yes of course.” He pulls away and he takes my hand in his.

He holds the car door open for me but as I crouch down to get in, another pain shoots up my back. I shriek out in pain and stand back up.

“Are you okay?!” Liam asked and I nod and get in the car again before the pain returns.

“We need to get you to a hospital.” He says seriously as he starts up the car.

“No! No, I just want to go somewhere safe.” I say and he takes a deep breath in.

“Hospitals are safe.” He says a little annoyed and he is right but that’s not what I meant by safe.

“I know I know. After I explain everything to you we can go.”

“Okay.” He says and we speak no more until we got back to his apartment.

Once we arrived at his apartment I notice that it was quite warm and now that I don’t have to hide my arms I take my cardigan off and place it down with my bag.

LIAM’S POV

“Bree what happened to your back!?” There were red scratches all over and there were probably more that were covered by her dress.

“Why what’s wrong?” She asks freaking out.

I take her to Niall’s room where there was a full length mirror. Thank God he went to visit his family for the weekend. I hear her gasp and she reveals her back to the mirror. Tears begin to well up in her eyes quickly before spilling over the edge. She falls back into me and I take her into my en-suite. I grab a cloth and wet it with warm water.

“Take your dress off.” I order and she does exactly what I say without hesitation but she doesn’t let it drop past her waist.

I dab the cloth over her back once and she flinches and pulls away.

“Liam it stings.”

“I’m sorry but I still have a little bit to go.” I say and continue to dab the cloth on her back.

Once I am done, I tell her she can put her dress back on. When she does the zip up she turns around and gives me a sad smile.

“I guess you want to know what happened?” She asks looking down and I nod and pull her into my bedroom.

I go to my dresser and pull out one of my larger shirts and had in to Breanna. She looks at it confused.

“You should change.” I say smiling and a smile crosses her face as she takes the shirt.

“Thanks.” Bree says and walks back into the en-suite to get change. While she changes I sit down on the end of my bed. When she comes out, my shirt reaches just above her knees and her hair is down and a little damp but she looks stunning. She has also washed all the make-up off her face.

“You do know it’s rude to stare.” Bree comments with a smirk and I can feel my cheeks heating up. I look away and lead her into the lounge room.

“Whenever you’re ready.” I say as we sit down and I pull her in close to my body.

Breanna takes a deep breath. “Liam… I… I was raped.” And she bursts into tears. I wrap both of my arms around her to let her words sink in.

After she calms down a little bit she begins to explain everything from when she first heard the laughter of the group of men up until she sat down in the bus shelter and called me. I feel so terrible, I should have picked her up.

“I should have picked you up Bree.” I say as tears sting my eyes.

“Liam stop blaming yourself!” She hops out of my arms and stands up. “This is not your fault this is my fault! I shouldn’t have gone back! I should have kept walking the other way! I should have left a message when you didn’t pick up the first time! Can you not see that this is my fault?!” She yells and continues to cry. I pull her into my lap and kiss her head.

“I am so so sorry Breanna…” I trail off and she just shakes her head.

“Um… so are you… you know…” I begin but I can’t finish.

“Pregnant?” She asks and I manage to reply with a quiet yes, she shrugs her shoulders and leans her head against my chest.