Epilogue

The nightmares will never go away. I know this. I know that I'll forever cling to the back of a chair or to the doorframe or the railing of the staircase and hold on until the flashbacks are over. I know that I'll forever wake up screaming clutching my dagger until the whispers are over. I know that the nightmares are never gonna go away.

But its' OK.

I have Joy and her sense of humor. I have Joy and her warm hugs. I have Joy and her wonderful ways to make me smile.

I have Jason and his kisses. I have Jason and his protective arms wrapped around me. I have Jason and his smile.

I also have Ky. He has them too. I hear him mumbling and whimpering Luna's name late at night. He always talks about Luna because I always ask.

I'm glad I have my father. I love him more than anything.

The Creatures are gone. They have died off and will never return to Sky. They teach about them to the children in school. They teach about how I, Queen Katheryn, finally killed the Creatures' Master.

My son, the Prince of Sky, is my everything. He is my sweet little bundle and the one that mostly keeps the nightmares away, but only for a short while.

But it's OK

From now on, Jason will kiss me. Joy will make me laugh. Ky will talk about my birth mother. And my son will be my beautiful child.

And I'll be OK.

I'll be OK.

The End