Chapter Eighteen : Katheryn

"Katheryn!" Frosty screams.

"Don't die." Jason urges.

"We need you, Katheryn." Erin pleads.

"I'm gonna get you, Katheryn." It growls.

"Katheryn." Luna whispers.

"Aah!" My breathing is heavy and I force myself not to reach under my pillow for my pills. "I don't need them anymore. They're gone," I mumble to myself. However, my dagger is in a box under my bed. No, I don't need that either.

"Kat, are you up," Joy asks from her room.

Now I feel bad that I woke her. I clear my throat and reply, "Yeah, I'm OK."

Joy opens the door and sits down on the corner of my bed. "Is it the nightmares?" I nod and bury my face in my hands. I'm not supposed to cry anymore, I'm supposed to be a happy princess.

"I'm alright, though. They're only dreams." I smile meekly and lie back down. "Make sure you close my door when you leave."

Joy kisses me on the cheek and then leaves. "Sweet dreams, Kat."

"Yeah right."

"I heard that," she calls out.

***

"Princess?" It's the ladies waking me for a bountiful breakfast. I'm not that hungry, but Joy might be. I open the door to three unnaturally big smiles.

"Good morning," I mumble. "I'll go wake Joy. We'll meet you in the diner."

The ladies bustle past each other to get to the diner. The things they'll do to try to please me. I walk across the hall to Joy's room and notice that her door is partially open. I step in and see Joy sitting up in bed; she looks stiff and almost statue-like and she stares straight ahead at nothing.

I walk towards her slowly, mostly afraid of will happen, and tap her shoulder. Nothing; Joy just mumbles under her breath. Each poke turns into a harder poke and then a punch which causes to snatch my arm and squeeze it; tighter and tighter.

"Joy! Joy let go! Wake up! Do something, just let go of my arm!" I struggle to break free while Joy begins to hyperventilate. I sit there staring at her until she blinks multiple times and starts to breathe normally.

"Joy?"

Joy smiles before punching me in the arm. "I felt that, jackass."

I pull my arm away. "Joy? What the hell was that," I exclaim.

"That? Oh nothing."

"Joy," I enunciate.

"Oh alright, that the surprise I was telling you about. I can see the future." Joy stands and stretches as if nothing happened.

"So you have freaky exorcist episodes when you see the visions," I ask, still creeped out.

Joy scoffs. "Oh please, never. That only happens someone bothers me. Like how you don't wake someone when they're sleepwalking. If you bother me while I have my visions, it messes up my mind."

"So how long do the visions last?"

"Only a few seconds, maybe a minute."

Well, now that I know that Joy has super freaky powers, I want to know what she saw.

"Don't worry about it," she says.

Oh right, she can read minds. "Joy, just tell me. What did you see?"