I Want You To Be Happy

I looked up, smiling when I heard someone walk in the room and saw Maxxie’s familiar face.

"Hey, gorgeous" he said.

"Hey" I said, slipping out of John’s embrace.

I slipped on my t-shirt and some boxers, following Maxxie when he wandered out of the room, back down to the living room, flopping down on the couch and holding his arms out for a hug. I sank onto his lap, sliding my arms around him. He hugged back a little possessively.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"I miss you"

"I miss you too" I said, kissing him, snuggling up to him when he kissed back. “What’s really up?”

"Nothing" he nuzzled me.

"Tell me"

He let out a quiet sigh. "I know Cay asked you to make John happy and all that, but... I dunno. I just can't forget what the guy did to us" he said and I kissed his head. "I managed to forgive him for the most part, but I feel weird knowing you're with him" he said, hugging me a little tighter.

He kissed me, snuggling me possessively again as I kissed back.

"If it's any consolation, I still just think of him as a friend, y'know? I'm just trying to make him and Cayden happy"

"It's okay. As long as you're happy, you can do what you like, remember? It was pretty much my dying wish"

"I know, but I want you to be happy too"

"I am. Mostly"

"Mostly?"

"I don't have you" he laughed a little.

"You will one day" I said, kissing his cheek and making him hum. "I wish I could say soon, but y'know" I chuckled.

"Hopefully not" he laughed. "I want you back, but not because of that" he said, playing with my hair when I nodded. "You take your time getting back to me" he smiled.

"Yes, boss" I chuckled and he grinned. We snuggled up to each other a little more, and I let out a hum when he nuzzled my neck. “I was thinking about asking the kids if they wanted to be private schooled for high school”

"How come?"

"Well, I know you suggested them going to private school, but I figured a state elementary was good enough. After all, I was state schooled and I did well enough" I laughed slightly. "But with everything that's going on, what with Lewis and Beau fighting over Danny, and all Lily's friends from riding school coming from filthy rich families..."

"It's up to them, I guess. Ask them" he smiled.

"I will" I smiled back.

"So what's going on with that Lewis kid, then?"

"He's got a crush on Danny"

Maxxie chuckled quietly. "He's already attracting crowds of admirers. Does he even know what's going on?" he asked and I nodded. "I did wonder if he'd realise that people liked him"

"I don't think he's figured out Beau likes him yet. And he only knows Lewis does because he told him"

He let out a half laugh. "That makes more sense. How's he been doing otherwise?"

"He's good. As quiet as ever, but good" I said and Maxxie smiled.

"That's good to hear. Maybe I'll visit him some time" he said and I smiled back.

"I think he'd appreciate it. Have you ever been to see Lily?"

"Once. I'll go see her soon, too, I think"

"She'd probably appreciate it more. You were her favourite, after all" I stuck my tongue out and Maxxie chuckled.

"Was I?" he asked, and I nodded. Had he genuinely not known?

I kissed his forehead. "I guess maybe I paid Danny too much attention when it was the four of us or something"

"I'll make a point of visiting her more often then. I don't see the kids as much because I just want them to grow up and get on with their lives, y'know? I don't want them to get all fucked up because they see me in their sleep."

"They won't"

He nodded. "I miss having them around"

"Tell you what, I'll pretend to go crazy and kill us all, yeah?" I joked and he laughed faintly.

"I'll kill you if you do"

I kissed his cheek. "I'm kidding"

"I know," he smiled a little, "But I'm not. Don't you dare do anything stupid, Hadley Fuller-Smith" he said, kissing my neck.

"Define stupid" I said, tilting my head and humming as he planted more kisses against my skin.

"That question, for one" he said, leaving a hickey on my neck.

"That better not be there when I wake up" I chuckled.

"I hope it is" he laughed.

I punched his arm lightly, whining when he gave me anther hickey. I rolled my eyes as he giggled, kissing the marks he’d left behind. He kissed his way up to my mouth, slipping his tongue in my mouth possessively. And just like always, I turned to putty in his hands, willing to go ahead with whatever he wanted. He let his hands wander, palming me and nibbling at my neck. I hummed and Maxxie slipped his hand into my boxers to greet my semi, kissing me hard. He stripped me, being all teasing and possessive, but I didn’t mind. I was too busy enjoying having my husband back for a few minutes to really care.

He knelt on the floor, and my fingers tangled in his hair as he went down on me, moans dripping past my lips. I moaned even more when he deepthroated me. I watched as he stripped himself, fingering me before lubing up and fucking me slowly and possessively. Even like that, I was starting to understand why he’d cheated on me with Cayden all those years ago. While the sex with John was great, it wasn’t the same as sex with Maxxie. And I guess it’d been the same with him and Cayden.

We snuggled up to each other when we were done and I hummed as he played with my hair, burying his head in my neck. I kissed his head as he traced patterns on my stomach.

"I love you" he said, nuzzling my neck.

"I love you too" I said, resting my head on top of his as the two of us fell asleep.