Threesome

After our hiccup of a first date, things with Eden went well. We went on a couple more dates, which all went a lot better than the first, and the kids seemed to like her. I still dreamt about Maxxie, still spoke to him about my fears and concerns, and always made sure to tell him I’d always love him the most. It’s not like it was a lie, I’d never love anyone as much as I loved him. I know it was probably just a figment of my imagination or my subconscious or something, but he always felt so real. It always felt like I had him back. So when me and Eden had been going on dates for three or four months, I figured I’d better ask him before I asked her to be my girlfriend.

I smiled as I saw him sat nearby. He returned the smile, hugging my waist when I went and sat on his lap, burying my face in his neck.

"You okay?" he asked, kissing the top of my head.

"Mhm. You?"

"I could do with being less dead" he said, resting his head on top of mine as I laughed slightly.

"Do you think I should ask Eden to be my girlfriend?"

"Do you want her to be?"

"I s'pose so. I mean, she's really nice and I really like her, but I don't want to upset you or annoy you or anything"

"It's hard to annoy someone that's dead, Bunny" he laughed.

"You know what I mean"

"It's up to you. You won't upset me" he kissed the top of my head again.

"I wanted to make sure"

He smiled. "Look, I'm just glad you're getting on with your life. I'd be upset if you were wallowing or if you did something stupid. But you're not, so I'm not upset."

I nuzzled his neck softly. "It's just I know it can't be easy having to see the person you love with someone else. So if there's anyone you're interested in where you are, then by all means" I laughed a little.

"There isn't" he said with a faint little smile.

"Maybe you're just not looking hard enough"

"I might've given it another go with Cayden, but he's all shacked up with someone else" he sighed. "And you know how bad I am at making new friends"

"C'mon, this is Cayden. He had a crush on you til the very end, right?"

"You remember that guy he liked when he was in hospital? And then he got all fucked up over it when the guy died?" he asked and I nodded. "That's the guy he's shacked up with. Trust me, I might be able to screw comfort sex out of him, but they're pretty tight"

"Comfort sex is better than nothing though, right?"

"I'd rather have a friend with no benefits than a mostly absent friend that occasionally lets me in his bed. Whatever. There's no point in worrying about me. As far as I can tell, I've got forever to find someone to talk to that has more than sex on their mind" he laughed.

"Did you try and find your brother?"

"I wouldn't know where to start"

"Maybe ask around? Or ask Cayden to help you out?"

"Maybe"

I smiled, snuggling back as he snuggled up to me.

“I miss you, Bunny”

“I miss you too”

"Sleep longer tonight. I don't wanna have to go" he said, hugging me a little tighter.

"We better get to bed, then"

Maxxie picked me up, carrying me to bed, resting his head on my chest as we snuggled up to each other again once we were under the sheets.