Scary Serious

I didn’t need to see Alex again until maybe a month after Christmas. I’d asked him not to tell Caleb about our little arrangement, and as far as I’d could tell, he hadn’t said anything. I guess I felt a little bad about it, but it’s not like Alex was cheating on him or anything. And it’s not like we couldn’t explain what was going on. Knowing Caleb, he’d probably take it as the perfect opportunity to rope me and Alex into God knows how many threesomes.

"Alex, you home?" I heard Caleb yell when me and Alex were, uh, busy.

"Shit" Alex said.

See, Caleb had gone out to do whatever it was Caleb does when he goes out, which was why I’d gone round. We heard Caleb dashing up the stairs and Alex just about had time to get a pair of boxers on, throwing the comforter over my lower half. The look of confusion on Caleb’s face when he burst in spoke volumes.

"Finally, we were gonna start without you" Alex said, looking up.

"What's going on?" Caleb asked, sounding vaguely suspicious.

"Eden can't satisfy our horny little bunny properly"

"Alex" I whined.

"Embarrassing you in front of your best friend is the lesser evil, Hadley"

"What d'you mean by that?" Caleb asked suspiciously.

"I mean that agreeing to helping Hadley out without asking you about it first looks a lot worse than being a bit embarrassed"

Caleb didn’t look like he understood, and Alex gestured for him to sit on his lap, kissing his cheek when he did.

"Hadley's missing a certain something when it comes to having sex with Eden and he asked if I could... help him out. I should've asked you first, I'm sorry"

"When was this?" Caleb asked innocently.

"A couple of months ago, but Hadley didn't want me to say anything 'cause he was embarrassed" Alex explained and this kind of thoughtful look crossed Caleb’s face. Alex played with his hair. "I've only done it once. Twice if you include today"

"Oh"

Alex wrapped the poor confused ginger in a cuddle, and the ginger cuddled back.

"Should I go?" I asked, feeling awkward.

"S'up to you" Alex said, resting his chin on Caleb’s shoulder, still cuddling him.

Caleb got that thoughtful look on his face again as I got dressed. I heard Alex say sorry, and I think it was directed at the both of us.

"And just where do you think you're going, mister?" I heard Caleb say when I started leaving. I turned round, arching an eyebrow at him. "Bunny came here asking for sex and nobody invited me? That's just mean" he pouted.

I think me and Alex were as surprised as each other. I’d expected Caleb to get upset and to no doubt lose a friend or at the very get the silent treatment from him for a good few months.

"So frankly I think you two need to make it up to me" Caleb said.

"How would we do that?" Alex asked.

"Use your imagination"

Alex laughed a little. "You're not mad?"

"I'm mad you didn't invite me"

Alex kissed Caleb, while I just stood there thoroughly baffled as to what was going on.

"Did I ever mention I fucking love you?" Alex said to Caleb.