Not Doing It Sober

It’d taken me a week to muster up the courage to ask Eden out on a date to actually ask her out, since given how eager she’d been on the first date, I’d kinda jumped to the conclusion that she’d want sex if she said yes. But I couldn’t be scared of sex for the rest of my life, could I? If I was still all weirded out by sex and Maxxie was still around, I kind of get the feeling he would’ve cheated on me. A lot. I’m not saying he’s a whore or anything, I’m just saying eight years of no sex would drive anyone with a libido like his to turn to someone else.

For the first time in forever, I split the kids up. Lily wanted to have a sleepover with Beau, and the both of them decided Danny wasn’t invited. Lily had done more of the deciding than Beau, but it was ultimately a joint decision, or so John told me. So instead of upsetting Lily and either telling her to invite her brother or telling her she couldn’t stay, I figured she could stay there and Danny could stay with Mom and Dad since they were only a few doors down from each other. Needless to say, Mom wasn’t too pleased about me splitting them up, but Dad talked her round eventually. Mom seemed to have forgotten what it was like having a boy and a girl, since she’s only had to put up with it for twelve years, whereas she’d had to put up with two boys since I was born.

I thanked all three of them and sped back to mine to get ready quickly before I went to pick Eden up. We were only going to the movies this time, since we’d both gotten bored of going to restaurants. Considering how many places there are to eat in Hollywood, you can get through them all pretty quickly. And besides, you can make out in the back of a movie theatre.

So it was during one of these make out sessions that I asked Eden to be my girlfriend. I know we were pretty much an item anyway, but it felt nice to ask her, just in case there was someone else she was interested in or something. She smiled at me, kissing my cheek.

“I’d love to, Hadley” she whispered in my ear, resting her head on my shoulder.

I kissed the top of her head, putting an arm around her and cuddling up to her to watch the rest of the movie we’d missed most of. I felt my stomach sink a little, though, as she asked the inevitable question once the movie was over.

“Your place or mine?”

“Uh, mine, I guess” I said, trying not to show how nervous I was.

I drove her back to mine, still trying to act confident and, well, normal, and doing my best to ignore her hand on my knee. A hand that was slowly snaking its way up my thigh, I’d like to add. I think I may have ran a few red lights on the drive home. It’s not that I was eager to get on with the sex; it was that I was eager to have a reason to get out of the car and get Eden’s hand away from my crotch. I know that sounds like a really bad thing to say about your girlfriend, but when you’re having palpitations from how nervous you are, a hand in your crotch really doesn’t help.

Unfortunately Eden had other ideas. Just as I was about to open my car door and get out, she grabbed my hand, stopping me, and straddled me right there in my seat. She was happy just to make out, or so it seemed, but her hands guided mine to her ass almost forcefully. I’m really not good at this. Her hand snaked down to my crotch again for the briefest of moments before she kissed my cheek, hopping out of the car and sauntering up to the front door. I shook my head, trying to process everything that was happening and followed her, locking the car behind me.

Thankfully Eden seemed to be taking the lead, pulling me upstairs once I’d shut the front door. I’d barely had time to register what was going on when she pushed me down on the bed gently, kneeling over me and attacking my lips with hers. Apparently I was being a little more reluctant than I’d intended, though, but she didn’t seem to take offence, sliding to the floor and pulling my pants down with her. Yeah, I’d be lying if I said she was as good as Maxxie at blowjobs.

I appreciated it anyway, though, and the two of us snuggled up in bed once she was done. I guess that’s one way to get out of it, though.

Which is exactly why I ended up at Alex’s in a state the next day. I’m not sure if I knocked on the door with my fist or my face, but either way it did the job and he let me inside.

“What’s up?” he asked.

“How do I have sex with girls?”

Alex just seemed amused by my question. "Same way you top a guy. Just try not to put it in their ass, they don't seem to appreciate that so much"

"I don't know what I'm doing and Eden wants to and this is too hard" I whined.

"Watch some straight porn?"

"Eww" I said, making him laugh. "Porn's gross"

Alex shrugged. "If you say so. But I don't see how else you'll figure it out unless you just go for trial and error"

That just made me whine again, flopping myself down across the couch. He got me a beer, which I didn’t take, and sat on me as I whined some more.

"Well, unless you wanna stick with men forever, you're gonna have to learn somehow"

"Men don't seem to be interested in me anymore. And I want to, I just... Well, this is me, that should say enough on its own"

"Me and Caleb would quite happily have you, you know that" he laughed. "And like I said, porn or trial and error"

"Unfortunately I don't think he'd be willing to share" I laughed. "And both of those sound equally as embarrassing. I don't want to make an ass of myself, y'know?"

"Get a hooker?"

"Eww”

"I'm sure Eden won't mind anyway. She probably knows you've never been with a chick before, right?" he asked and I nodded. "So she knows you've not got any experience with a chick. I dunno why you're so worried, bunny"

"Because this is me"

He ruffled my hair. "You'll be fine. Just make sure you're in the mood and you don't force it, and pretend you're topping a guy, if you have to"

"Because that's top of my list of favourite things to do" I said with a slight laugh.

"Well unless she has something in her pants she's not been telling you about, you're gonna have to make it one of your favourite things"

I sighed a little, whining again and making sure to have some beer in the house or something. If I’m doing this, I’m not doing it sober.