Glitter

When I woke up the next morning, I was greeted by several texts from Eden apologising for how she behaved the night before and asking me to forget it ever happened and consider going on another date with her. I texted her back a little later on letting her know I’d had a great time anyway and I’d love to go out with her again, which no doubt cheered her up. It was then that I noticed the message from Alex, which contained a picture of my kids covered almost head to toe in glitter. I shook my head, sighing a little as I got up to make myself some breakfast, hoping they’d give the kids a bath before I went to get them. It’d take days for all that glitter to wash off.

I went to pick them up after lunch, enjoying the peace and quiet at home, and was instantly tackled to the ground by Alex when I got there.

"Get down. They'll see you" he said and I laughed. “I already lost my pardner to ‘em” he said, putting on this fucking awful American accent. “You ain’t gon’ betray me too are ya?”

"Maybe" I said, pretending to consider it.

"Ah cayn't do this alone" he said, putting an imaginary cowboy hat over his heart.

"Is that accent s'posed to be American?" I laughed.

"I'd like to see you try an English accent" he laughed, punching my arm lightly. "Show off" he said huffily when I didn’t do too bad.

I let out a laugh. "Where's ginger anyway?"

"He decided to be on the kids' side. He's mean to me" he pouted. "No sex for him tonight"

"You'll regret that later"

"Will I now?" he asked and I nodded, making him chuckle. "Maybe I'll hide out at yours"

"Oh will you now?"

"Well I'll need somewhere to hide"

"You're more than welcome to if you can put up with the kids for another night"

"They won't be bugging me for sex" he laughed.

"No, they'll be bugging you for candy and attention instead"

"I can cope with that"

"And can you trust the ginger?"

"I'll leave him with a box of sex toys. I'm sure there's one hidden away at yours" he giggled and I shot him a glare. He held up his hands defensively. "I didn't mean for you" he laughed. "I just know what Maxxie was like"

"Good" I said, still glaring.

"But I'll bet they haven't exactly gone unused" he winked and I rolled my eyes. "What?"

"I'll have you know sex hasn't been on my list of priorities since Maxxie died"

"I'm only joking Bunny" he said, ruffling my hair.

"Better be"

"I'm totally innocent" he grinned.

"I'm teaming up with the kids"

"Why must everyone I love leave me?" he asked, pretending to be offended.

"Because you're mean to them"

"No one understands British humour around here" he sulked.

"Funnily enough that's 'cause we're not British"

"I thought you might learn"

"Obviously not"

"Pwease forgive me?" he pouted, fluttering his eyelashes.

"Why should I?"

"Because I love you" he said innocently.

"Thought you loved ginger?"