Day 23: Traditions [Kavi]

A/N: I'm trying to keep the title short and simple so I'll put notes at the beginning if the chapter is something special. To this chapter, it's Hogwarts / Wizard AU.

-

Avi tiredly sat at the grand table of Slytherin alone. He didn't bother eating the delicious infinity barbecue on the golden plate in front of him, or seeing the beautiful hall of Hogwarts. He just felt tired. The conversation with his father during his summer still made him tired.

-

"I thought we had agreed about that, Avriel. It's Kaplans' tradition to not dating any Mudblood! You are disappointing me.", Sir Kaplan growled right when his second child came to their dinning table, his voice threatened.

Avi took the plate full of barbecue that his sister, Esther, made it to fly to him. Calmly sat down, he looked at his father with his cold emerald eyes then moved his focus to the barbecue again, talked as he cut a piece of meat, "What do you mean? I'm not dating any Muggle-born."

"But you fantasies about one."

Avi stopped his movement. His heart beated fast in his chest. He lifted head up to see everyone, his sister, mother, brother, had gone. It was just him and his greatest father.

He quietly pushed the plate to a side, asked, "How could you know that. You used Legilimency on me, didn't you?"

"So I'm right, Avriel. You do fantasy about a Mudblood", Sir Kaplan coldly reply.

"Tell me, did you."

"You are a mistak--"

"TELL ME, DID YOU USE THAT FUCKING READING MIND ON ME!", Avi screamed, slammed his hands to the table.

Sir Kaplan waved his wand, forced his son back to his chair, and didn't forget to add a little pain. As the Kaplan's son growled hurtfully, Sir Kaplan stood up, walked along the table, "Nothing is secret with me, Avriel. And you are still defending my power. You are a Kaplan, you mustn't have any secret! I gave you too much freedom, I even didn't use Legilimency on your teenage, I thought you would be a good Kaplan, like your sister Esther or your brother Joshua. But now, you are having a Mudblood on your mind. You are screaming to your father about his right to read your mind. That's against our tradition!"

"I will fucking love who I want! And you don't have that right."

"No, you will love who I WANT!", Sir Kaplan shouted. "Choose. Staying with your dirty Mudblood and get out of here, or meeting the Khachatourian girl and you can stay. She is a pure-blood, the highness one, and a thousand prettier than that Mudblood girl."

Sir Kaplan glared, waved his wand again, and the long-hair boy fell out of the chair. The boy groaned as his head slammed to the cold ground but Sir Kaplan pulled his robe and walked away. "Choose wisely, Avriel.", he coldy said, and disappeared.

When his father had already gone, Avi pushed himself up, his eyes were filled with anger. He backed to his room, put all of his stuffs to his chest, and he lit up the fireplace. Threw a handful of Floo Powder to the fire, Avi brought his chest and broom and own with him to the fire, said clearly: "Olusola Manor, Rowena's Hill.".