Day 6: Tree [Avi Kaplan & Esther Kaplan]

Esther walked through the forest. The girl had already swallowed on her coat. Dried leaves were crumpled under her feet and winds blew quietly. The clear road showed how much people had walked on it, which Esther very happy about. She didn't want to walk on a snowy road. It could wet her shoes.

The girl finally stopped by a big tree, what was lost all its leaves. She sighed, called loudly.

"Avriel! Come down here!"

"Yes?"

High above appeared a little boy, who sat tottery on a big branch. His big green eyes gazed at Esther, but he still didn't show any attempt to climb down. A thick beanie covered his ears and a long trench coach wrapped around his small body. The boy whined.

"Oh, Esther, you made Squirrelie ran away!", his innocent voice sounded angry, but to her, it was perfectly cute.

"Come down here or I won't let you have any barbecue, Avi."

"I'll tell mom!", her brother shouted in defense as he climbed down.

Esther shook her head, used her hands to pick some barks out of his long coat.

Avi pouted at her, "I was playing with Squirrelie up there."

"But mom, dad, Josh, your barbecue and our presents are waiting for us back home. Don't you want to open them?", she give her little dragon a hand.

The boy nodded, quickly hold Esther's hand and walked back to their home.

"Are you giving me a dragon stuff, Essy?"

She hold his hand tighter, softly said, "You will know, Dragon."

"I got you a song! And a mystery present too!", Avi jumped around in excitement.

Esther smiled. She knew she didn't want anything other than Avi, her adorable little dragon, and her family. That was all she needed. 

19 years later...

"Avi! Come down here!"

Esther is having her hands on her hips, annoyingly shouted.

The bass is looking down from a high branch and superfrowning.

"Esther! You made the squirrels ran, again!"

"You, young man, come down or no more barbecue and Lord of the Rings!"

"I will tell Darien!", Avi is climbing down, still superfrowning.

"You dare!", Esther is patting real hard on her brother's arm, then turning and walking away.

The bass is walking behind her, pouting. Esther isn't looking back. But, a warm feeling is suddenly covering around her head, and her eyes are opening in surprise right away.

Avi quickly walking ahead of her, his long hair already out covering his blushing cheeks. She can hear him murmurs lowly, "Just... take care of yourself. It's cold outside, Essy."

Then, he is running to their home, leaving her behind. She can't help herself laughing.

Avi, still being Avi.

And God know how thankful Esther is to have him in her life.

Very, very thankful.

"Well, Merry Christmas to you too, my brother dear."

-

A/N: I don't know why but I love this one so much! The Kaplans are adorable, aren't they :)) How nice and childish Avi is in front of Esther!

I hope you enjoy my bla bla bla story and goodbyeeeee~