Chapter 23 Both New Friends and Old:

Remus P.O.V.

  The little girl is still shaking her face is violently bare. What did she do to deserve such a fate? Who would torture this poor child so much that she just withers? I look towards the girl's door and I see-I see Snape. And is that Victor Krum? I turned towards Jane and see she is staring at the girl who looks so much like her dead sister- in-law. This must be really hard for Jane this little girl looks so much like Lily. All of a sudden the Lily look alike eyes just snap open and I am shocked to see the startling green eyes Lily once had. This girl has to be alright, she has to live! She just has to.

    "Remmy?", Jane questions. I turn my attention back to Jane.

    “Yes, Jane?", I ask softly.

    "Remmy, I wanna go home.", She says.

    “I’ll ask a healer if you can go." , I mutter.

    "Thanks Remmy.", she chirps.

    "Yeah, I'm awesome I know.”, I say in response. I find Jane's healer check her out of the room and apparate with her to her mum's house. It's good to have the old sane Jane back.

  Severus P.O.V:

   I watch as my little girl just lays there withering. She’s only eleven for Merlin’s sake! All of a sudden her eyes snap open and it takes everything in me to choke down the sob about to escape my throat. Those eyes… They’re both a blessing and a curse. Lily, if you are listening please help our little girl.

   A healer comes out and says the words that make my heart pound so loud it deafens my ears for a moment. The healer looks at me calmly and says, “I’m sorry Mr. Snape but the torture drove your daughter’s mind to retreat into the depths of her head. She might never be the same again.” How can he just say these words to me so calmly?

    “Excuse me.”, Victor says as he pushes his way through the healer and me. I’m about to go after him, but the healer sadly shakes his head ‘no’ and walks away without another word.

   Victor P.O.V:

   This is all my fault! That happy little girl that I watched grow up is now barely there. It’s my fault she lost her sanity. It’s my fault she’s still in pain. All of this is my fault! I’m an awful brother. She’s my little sister, I’m supposed to protect her not just stand by and let her get tortured. I sit down against the wall with my head in my hands, and start sobbing. Защо тези момчета трябва да измъчват малката ми сестра? Защо не някой друг? Защо не аз? Oh great I’m thinking in Bulgarian. What did I think again? Oh that’s right I thought: why did those boys have to torture my little sister? Why not someone else? Why not me?

    “Hey man, you alright?”, I look up to see a boy around my age with bright Gray eyes and dark hair. I simply shake my head.

    “No, my little sister is no longer sane. It’s all my fault because I wasn’t there fast enough to save her.”, I murmur. He looks at me, not with sympathy but almost with a look that says he understands what I was going through.

    “You know when I was around four I had one year old baby sister. She had lots of hair for a baby and it was frizzy too. Anyways, I was playing with her outside and then these strange muggles came and tried to take my baby sister and me away. I called for my parents and the muggles left, but they took my one year old sister with them.

    “My parents are still looking for her. My dad though takes pride in the child he still has left though so he brags about me. Anyways, the point is don’t blame yourself for something that other’s did. Trust me the guilt starts eating away at you.”, he says and starts to leave.

    “Ummm thanks…”, I say not knowing his name.

    “Oh sorry I forgot to introduce myself didn’t I?”,I nod, “The name’s Cedric, Cedric Diggory. “

    “My names Victor Krum.”, I say. He nods and walks away.

    “See you Viktor.”, Cedric calls. Hey, he got my name wrong!

   Jane P.O.V:

   “Honey I’m home.”,I call as I walk through the fire place of number twelve Grimmauld Place. I hear footsteps and turn to see Kreature, Regulus has this house elf wrapped around his finger.

   “Miss.Fawley Potter.”, Kreature says as he bows too me.

   “Hello Kreature, do you by any chance know where your Master Regulus is?”, I ask. I look at Kreature to see he’s shocked that I know his Master is still alive. He motions for me to follow him and he takes me to a room I know to be that of Regulus.   

   “REGULUS GET YOUR BUTT OVER HERE BEFORE I COME AND DRAG YOU OVER HERE MYSELF!” ,I yell. All of a sudden I hear footsteps coming towards me and I’m picked up. I turn slightly to see Regulus holding me.

   “Reggie, it’s nice to see you again. Now let me down before I demand my piggy back ride that you owe me. Wait, hey you owe me a piggy back ride!” ,I say in my ‘pouty’ voice. Regulus just rolls his eyes.

   “Seriously woman it’s been eleven years. Get over it.”, Regulus says well more like demands.

    “Oh my goodness I just realized something.” ,I exclaim. I don’t think Walburga Black, Sirius and Regulus’ mother knows about her grandson. I don’t think she knows about Chase.  

    “What did you just realize?”, Regulus asks. I look at him and fear rises in my throat.

    “Your mum, does s-she know about Chase?”,I question . If possible Regulus goes even paler at the mention of his mother. He thinks for a while then slowly shakes his head ‘no’. I look at the clock and see it’s time for me to leave. I have to go before people start wondering where I am. I can’t have them thinking I’ve gone loony again.

    “Do you want me to tell her”, he asks. I simply nod. And apparate away leaving a frightened Regulus behind at number twelve Grimmauld Place. Only as soon as I apparate to my mum’s house I notice a very angry mum and Remus. Oh great what did I get myself into trouble this time?