Chapter 10 Engaged? :

          Snape P.O.V:

    I feel like a terrible father. I can’t believe I got my daughter engaged to Draco. They are both eleven for Pete’s Sake! How will I tell Nicole? Should I tell her today? Does she like Blaise? Now that would be a problem now if she does. I have to intervene on my own here. Fate will not apply. Destiny will. Or me whatever you may call it.

          Draco P.O.V:

    Wait does Blake like Nicole? That would be very bad. Blaise is one of my best mates so what will he do when he finds out about my engagement to Nicole? I’m in my dorm alone. Oh! I have to get ready for classes. I quickly get ready with five minutes to get to potions. Will I make it? I don’t know, but I’ll try. I run down the hall and into the class seconds before the bell rings. I made it! I look around to find a seat, and I see Blaise sitting with… Nicole! I need to uphold the family name so I need to, first get Nicole to like me. Professor Snape notices me and orders me to sit with Nicole. My eyes catch her necklace. What if she sees my ring?!?!? When I sit down she scoots closer to Blaise, who is to her right. Then Nicole speaks up finally with confusion,” Dad why did you assign Draco to be my partner?”, she asks.

    “You both needed partners”, he replies. Why is Nicole asking why I’m here? Is she at least happy to see me at all?

          Nicole P.O.V:

    “I already had a partner”, I say.

    “And who might that be Nicole?”, dad asks

     “Blaise was my partner. I don’t want to be paired with Draco. He’s selfish, rude, obnoxious, annoying, and weird”, I state. Draco’s eyes are popping out of his head. Blaise is smiling. All the Gryffindors are smiling at me for what I said about Draco.

     “Well Nicole, you and Blaise are terrific at the sleeping potion. Where as Draco… still needs help to prefect it”, dad says. Oh well that makes sense, I guess. Class just started 3 minutes ago and I already finished my potion. Blaise finished 2 minutes after me and we started talking and joking about potions. Then I catch Draco staring at me.

     “What?” ,I ask .

      “Can you help me?” ,he asks.

       Just then dad says, “Who needs help with their potion?” everyone but Blaise’s hand and mine go up. I’m surprised even Hermonie Granger needs help. That’s a first.

       “Nicole and Blaise go help the class. Nicole I know you know this potion well. Blaise you did this potion almost flawlessly. You two should have no problem helping the class.” Blaise leaves to help Kitty. Leaving me stuck with Draco. Why does it always have to be me? I mean Blaise is actually friends with Draco. Why me? Why not Blaise?

        “So how old were you when you learned this potion?” ,Draco probes. Why is he so nosey?

         “Ask dad about any potion and he will tell you when I learned it.” ,I reply.

          “Any potion?” ,he asks.

          “Yes.” ,I say. He seems shocked that I know every potion. Just then dad walks by, when his back is turned I quickly finish Draco’s potion. Leaving it just below perfect so it won’t draw attention. And I leave to help everyone else.

        Draco P.O.V:

    Nicole leaves, leaving me shocked. She my potion in about thirty seconds. Wow when did she learn this potion? I guess I will ask Professor Snape. Professor Snape comes over to inspect my potion when I ask ,”Professor, when did Nicole learn this potion?” I ask.

          “When she was two years old she mastered this potion. She mastered every other potion out there by the time she was five.”, Snape says coldly. I can see him eyeing the ring on my finger. He is surely thinking of Nicole. The, I see the whole class staring at Nicole. They must have heard what Snape said.

        Narcissa Malfoy P.O.V:

    I remember when Draco and Nicole were younger, they never and I mean never got along. I remember when Severus, Lucius, and I set up our kid’s engagement.

  FLASHBACK

   “Lucius, I am worried. How do we know Draco will end up with a pureblood?”, I ask.

    “He will his mother is from the Most Ancient and Noble House of Black, and his father is part of the Malfoy family. You know one of the most respected pureblood family’s in the wizarding world.”, Lucius says. Wait! Doesn’t Severus have a daughter?

   “Does Severus have a daughter?”, I ask.

    “Yes I think so. Why?”, he asks.

     “We can arrange for her and Draco to marry. They will bond at Hogwarts. I’m sure think they will thank us later on.”, I say uncertain as to what Severus will say.

       “Call Snape over then to see what he will say.”, Lucius suggests. Severus soon comes over and agrees to the proposal. We give Draco a ring and Severus gives Nicole a necklace. Should they even be engaged? I think it is alright for them. I don’t want Draco ending up like my dear sister Andromeda. Now do I? Now that would be a disgrace.

  END FLASHBACK

     Draco already knows of the engagement. But should Nicole? Should I get Severus to tell her? No I’ll wait until Nicole likes Draco. That probably won’t be long.

     Nicole P.O.V:

   Since Blaise and i were the first ones done we were excused five minutes early. We climbed up a tree and started to joke about people would do if they saw us up here.

      “They would probably say ‘hey look who’s up there. Walk away. Walk away.’ ”, Blaise jokes. He is so funny. Oh …….. I think I may like Blaise as more then a friend. Just then dad and Draco walk under the tree me and Blaise are on and they start a very weird conversation.

       “I know.”, Draco starts.

        “Know what?”, dad asks.

         “I know why Nicole has a necklace similar to my ring.”, Draco replies. This is getting interesting. Me and Blaise were both listening intently to the conversation now.

         “So you know?”, dad asks worried.

          “Yes.”, Draco replies.

           “You do understand that Nicole doesn’t know right?”, dad asks Draco with a cold look in his eyes.

            “Yes, why do I want her to know that my mum, dad, and you engaged her to me?”, Draco states. WAIT ME AND DRACO ARE ENGAGED?!?!?!?

             “What?!?!?”, I yell as I fall out of the tree. Blaise jumps down and helps me up. I look at Draco and dad to see that they both have mortified expressions on their face.

      Blaise P.O.V:

    I sit there listening to it all. Nicole is engaged? To Draco?!?!?!? Why Draco? Why not me? At least I like Nicole. Draco loathes her. She falls off the tree. I jump down and help her up. Draco has explaining to do……