Chapter 39: Helpless

Jen's P.O.V.

It was about 11 o'clock and I assumed everyone was going back to their rooms. I looked down the hallway and saw a blurred figure through my tears.

"Jen?" Carter called.

"Did everyone leave my room?" I wheezed.

"Its only Cam and the Jacks when I left." He ran to me. "What the hell happened to you?" He peeled my hand of my cheek.

"I don't know. Ask Matt I bet you he'd love to tell you what happened."

"Shit." He ran the other way to his room as I continued to walk to mine.

I finally arrived infront of the room and remembered that I forgot my room key in my room. I began to bang on the door and scream Cameron's name. The door suddenly swung open and I saw a tall blurry figure.

"What happened?" The comforting voice of Cam filled my ears.

"It's a long story." I collapsed into his arms.

"Sit on the bed I have to clean you up."

He ran into the bathroom and wet a towel and wiped my face away. As i blinded away the tears I could see the towel covered in blood. I looked up at him confused.

"Is that mine?"

"Yeah your nose is bleeding. You'll be fine." He said continuing to wipe away the mess on my face. "What happened?"

"Matt hit me." I looked up at him.

"I'll beat his ass." He began to walk away from me but I grabbed his wrist.

"Cam please don't. Let's just put this all behind us." I felt the tears prick at my eyes again. "Please." I felt my lip quiver once more as I tried to hold back the tears.

"You're lucky I love you." He stood me up and hugged me tightly. "Thats the one thing that won't change."

My phone began to ring as I saw Matt's picture flash on my screen. I quickly grabbed it and ran on the balcony.

"What?"

"I'm sorry. I-I-I didn't mean to." I heard him sniffle.

"Okay."

"I've been fucking everything up. I don't know whats wrong with me."

"Neither do I."

I heard the phone crash to the ground and Carter's voice in the background screaming.

"Matt Are you ok? Matt? Hello?"

I suddenly felt a wave of worry crash over my body. I hung up and ran to Matt and Carter's room and knocked on the door. It was left open so I ran in.

"What happened?"

"He just passed out call 911." He screamed sadly.

I dialed them and they quickly answered. I explained and within 10 minutes he was being escorted out on the stretcher.

"Whose coming in the ambulance?" The nurse looked at the both of us.

"Carter?" I looked at him nudging to go.

"No you go. I'll met you there."

I ran along side the nurse as we climbed into the back.

"So is he your boyfriend?"

"He was. We broke up about like 6 or 7 months ago."

"You still care a lot about him don't you?"

"What makes you say that?"

"I've never seen as much worry in anyone's eyes. Especially your age." I took a big gulp following those words she just said. "What happened to your face?"

"Uh-uh. I fell today getting out of the shower."

For the rest ride it was silence. I couldn't help but breaking down. Watching his body lay there, basically lifeless. The color drained out of his face and his chest barely rising and falling.

"Is he going to be okay?"

"We don't know. He most likely will. We just have to do blood tests."

I felt so helpless. I couldn't do anything but hope he'll be okay.