I'd Die Without You Chapter 8

BRANDON

I was scared; scared, worried, tense, and many other things that I had never wanted to be. Like him. I hadn't wanted a mate at first, I thought it would hurt too much, and I was right, it did hurt, but the hurt was overweighed by the joy and immense happiness I had, when I held Chrissy in my arms after I got the vamps to leave. Like I was alive for the first time and finally understood. The good outweighed the bad in the end, and as long as you tried hard enough, it would stay that way. I just had to keep trying. Even if my mate was the apocalypse bringer, and everyone either wanted her dead, or to end the world. I would keep her safe, no matter the cost. Because she was mine. I wouldn't allow anyone else to do that for her. Only me.

I knew she would probably resent me if she knew this, I can tell already she's not the type of girl to take to being "owned" but I knew I don't own her anymore than she wants to be truly on the inside. And if she wished me to stop I would, for her. Because I love her that much. It would hurt, deeply and painfully, but I would do it.

I watched her sleep as I held her in this tree, this large beautiful willow tree. I would wonder how she hd found it; but she's Christabelle, she could find something beautiful anywhere she went, and she didn't even try. Of course none of those tings were as beautiful as her. I suppose she looked other worldly to humans, being half angel. But to me it didn't matter how she looked. It was her soul. Pure, and delicate, untouched by anything, hidden deep inside her heart, I wished to be what could truly touch her. I wanted to have a deep connection to her, something no one else had. I know that she realizes that we're soulmates, but I wonder if she truly feels the depth of it as I do. Truly she could not feel this passion for me; some mutt, that had taken her from her only family, and home. That had introduced her to this cold new reality that always ended in something bad for her. Death, bringing to the world she once called home, but I knew for her, I would change those destinies. The old witch had said it herself, Christabelle was destined for great things. I only hoped that I could follow her, wherever she may go. Even if the consequences may be the end of my pack, giving up the throne to some idiot. I would follow her, always.

Chrissy stirred in my arms and I decided it was time to get back to the house. I quickly jumped from the tree, with Chris in my arms, careful not to jolt her awake.

Then I ran through the forest back to the house. I went up to my room and laid her down on the bed. I wanted to stay and watch her sleep, but I knew I had calls to make, things to settle.

For Christabelle. Anything. Even if I didn't get as much time with her. Even if it tore me apart.

*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*

Heyyyy! Not much but it's late, i'm on vacation & i'm with my parents in a hotel room while my dad snores like a hog. So how is that for emotional depth!? If I could find a guy that was that caring, I would die from happiness, o.O alas this had not yet happened :( so anyone out there that it has? COMMENTTT!!! <3

VOTE

&& FAN PRETTY PLEASEEEE :D

Love you all! (even thought there aren't many, who cares at least I have readers, [: )