I'd Die Without You Chapter 4

CHRISTABELLE

"Chris! Wake up! Wake up!" I sleepily rubbed my eyes and sat up.

"Wha-?"

"We need to go now Chris, something happened."

"What happened? What's going on Brandon?" I asked now fully alert as I pulled on the random shirt and sweats Brandon threw at me.

I watched as Brandon sloppily threw clothes in a bag.

"I'll have your sister send your things later, we need to leave. Now." Brandon sad quickly pulled my hand and dragging out of the room and out of the house. He didn't stop until we were both in the car, quickly picking me up and throwing me in. Then he sped away, driving like a maniac.

"What the hell is going on Brandon?" I asked shakily. This is insane, I don't even know what's going on!

"Something happened, we need to get away as soon as possible; you're not safe." He said firmly, and I could feel the rage coming off of him in waves.

"What happened?"

"People are tracking you, trying to get to you. You are more powerful than you realize." Brandon said cryptically.

"What are you saying Brandon?"

"You're not human."

"What do you mean? What am I?"

"You're half human, half angel; and you are supposed to be the end of the world. The bringer of the apocalypse. The vampires want to use you, and witches want to kill you, werewolves, aren't sure how to go about it, but I promise you I will protect you. No matter what."

I gaped, shocked; unable to utter a word. It made sense now, my dad was never around my mom had raised my sister and I until she was killed by a hit and run driver. I wonder idly now, if it had even been an accident now. Maybe they meant for me to be in the car as well.

"So, how do I not be the end of the world then? Is there a way to stop it?" I asked hopefully, almost desperately.

Brandon smiled widely and took his eyes off the road quickly to look at me. "Honey, there's always a way."