14

Grey's POV

I'm staring out of our window, looking down at Tyler running around with the pack kids. It seems so weird calling it our room, our bed.

Today is my birthday, I'm finally 18, another year's gone by, over this past week Tyler has been nothing but loving. He has been awfully nice, and has not upset me... yet.

"Hey, birthday girl" Lilly said while walking in the room, her baby bump slowly showing as it only takes four months for a werewolf baby to develop... so it's good that she doesn't have to go through the whole nine month pregnancy thing.

"Hey" I said, while wrapping my arms around my legs while looking back at Tyler.

"You okay?" she asked while placing her hand on my back, am I really? I mean I've already told some people how my father disappeared when I was a kid but what I didn't tell them was that he disappeared on my birthday. I don't know what to think of my birthday it's happy yet the saddest day of my life when I lost my best friend.

"Yeah, I'm fine" I said hoping that she doesn't see through my lie

"No you're not, we all know that when someone says 'I'm fine' they're really not, anyway I feel my motherly instincts coming out.. so try me" She said while crossing her legs in front of me

"Ok... well I'm sure Tyler told you all about my dad?" I asked briefly looking at Tyler and then back Lilly. She gave me an encouraging nod that told me to continue.

"Well, he disappeared on my birthday, he had just finished tucking me into bed when they came" I said as tears fell from my glassy eyes. I cried into my hands as Lilly put her arms around me and hugged me while stroking my hair

"Hey... hey... shh, It's okay, look I know you feel sad right now but you need to know that you can tell anyone of us anything... Including Tyler" she said still stroking my hair. I nodded my head and pulled away from Lilly looking back at Tyler seeing him hide behind a tree as a little girl was trying to find him. How cute, one day I can really see our future with kids hanging around us.

"Hey, why don't you go get cleaned up and get dressed for your party tonight. I'll put your dress on the bed" I nodded my head as Lilly left for the door, just before she shut the door she poked her head into the room

"Hey, cheer up, it's not everyday you turn 18" I smiled and nodded my head while wiping the tears away.

I got up off the bed and made my way into the shower.

************

I turned off the shower and wrapped the towel around me. I looked out towards the bed to see a beautiful dress lying on it... well looks like tonight will be an formal event. I walked back into the bathroom and dried my hair as best as I could and started on a halo braid.

I put the last bobbi pin in and stepped back from the mirror to examine my hair. I pulled softly at the braid to spread it out a bit. I added on some eyeliner, and mascara, I added a peach colour lipstick. Walking into the bedroom I picked up the dress and slowly put it on. I didn't bother really looking at it as I wanted it to be a surprise, all I know is that it's beautiful, on the floor of the bed I saw some silk-satin platform white pumps. I chucked them on and carefully made my way towards the full length mirror.

The person standing in front of me, did not look like me. This person was beautiful, her hair was braided around her head like a halo, the dress that clothed her skin was beautiful, it was flowy with a split up the side, it hung off one shoulder and had a bronze belt wrapped around the waist. This person was not me, I could never look this pretty. I waved my hand and the girl in the mirror followed.