Unwanted Attention (Modern AU)

warnings: sexual abuse is mentioned, harsh swearing and mature language.

authors note: this is a very serious subject that is talked about and happens way to often in our everyday lives. if something like this does happen to you, please please please report it immediately and press charges!

summary: bellamy notices your strange behaviour after a long day at work, and is more than shocked when he uncovers the reason for it.

Bellamy Blake was confused.

Wednesday's were his one day off during the week, where he would pick the twins up from school, as you didn't leave work until five. Like any other Wednesday, Bellamy expected you to waltz through the door at 5:30PM, a sigh falling from your lips before you greeted him and the twins with kisses to their cheeks. But, you didn't. Instead, you trudged through the door at 6PM, your lips screwed shut as you dropped your bag to the ground.

The girls were first to notice your arrival as Bellamy cleaned up their dishes in the kitchen. "Mommy!" Aurora squealed, an identical Oakley calling out to you at the same time as their small legs scrambled toward you. You didn't hear them though, you couldn't. Your ears were muffled, as though you were drowning at the bottom of the ocean. Ignoring their calls, you silently carried yourself up the stairs and into your bathroom, closing and locking the door.

Bellamy heard the girls calls from the kitchen, and with furrowed eyebrows, he placed the dish towel on the counter and wandered into the foyer in search of you. When he came short, he looked down at the twins as they stared up at their father with confused faces. "Is mommy okay?" Aurora asked curiously, while Oakley stared up to your bedroom door from the bottom of the stairs.

Bellamy furrowed his eyebrows, standing beside Oakley and squinting his eyes at the closed door. Hearing the sound of the shower running, he let out a sigh of relief. "She's taking a shower, baby. She probably had a long day." Bellamy explained to his daughter, but she continued to frown, her eyes never leaving the door you were hidden behind. "Come on, let's get mommy her dinner and a glass of wine." He ushered the girls, waiting patiently for them to follow him back into the kitchen.

Within ten minutes, yours and Bellamy's dinner were sat atop the table, a glass of red wine poured for you, and an opened bottle of beer stood proud for him. He wondered what was taking so long, usually you showered before you went to bed, not as soon as you got home. Peering his head into the living room, he smiled at the sight of his little girls playing with their toys.

He silently made his way up the stairs, opening the door to your shared bedroom and wandering toward the bathroom door. He waited for a moment, just listening to the water running continuously before he attempted to open the door, frowning when he realized you'd locked it. You never lock the door.

"Babe? You okay? Your food's getting cold." Bellamy called out in concern, silently awaiting for an answer. Just moments later, he heard your soft voice from the other side of the door, slightly muffled by the water that poured over you. "I'll be down in a minute." You had called back simply, Bellamy frowning still but nonetheless, he wandered back downstairs and waited for you in the kitchen as he pottered about.

Within minutes, you were silently trudging down the stairs. Your body was covered in a pair of pajama pants and one of Bellamy's shirts, your damp hair falling over your shoulder as you continued to dry it with the towel in your hand. Entering the living room, you pressed a soft kiss to both Aurora and Oakley's head, throwing the towel into the laundry basket and meeting your fiancé in the kitchen.

You offered a short smile, although it didn't reach your eyes. Bellamy noticed immediately, watching as you took a seat at the table before he joined you. "Everything okay?" He wondered from across the table, noticing how you didn't even eat your meal, but rather toyed with the salad with your fork. You nodded your head, humming a yes but keeping your eyes on your plate.