Buzzkill

(Y/n) wasn't exactly sure what she felt for Bellamy. She never felt quite so giddy every time someone walked into the room, or so breathless everytime she hears his voice.

Naturally, (Y/n) was a flirt. She loved coaxing boys because she knows what she effect she has to them.

That was how she got in the sky box in the first place. She stole stuff using her charm. Her friends told her that she'd get in trouble, but she never listened, being the stubborn girl she is.

"Hey, Bellamy," she smiled at the older boy who was counting ammunitions. Bellamy rolled his eyes, but he couldn't hold back smile. "What?"

"You're cute, can I keep you?" (Y/n) fluttered her eyelashes innocently.

"Smooth, (Y/n)," he said, chuckling.

(Y/n) was tired of being ignored by Bellamy. He'd smile at her or laugh along with her, maybe even give her short replies, but that was it.

She wandered to the interior of Arkadia. She supposed that from now on, it was home.

"I didn't expect you to be here," said a small voice, but the room gave it the effect that made it seem louder than it really is.

"Monty," (Y/n) smiled. Monty and her lived in the same corridor when they were younger. He was the closest person she got to a brother.

"Can I tell you something?" asked (Y/n) nervously. "like.. can I ask you for advice?"

*

Monty stared blankly at (Y/n) as she finished her story.

"You're in love," he said shortly, followed with a smile. "You're in love!" he exclaimed.

(Y/n) blushed. "I am not," she said stubbornly.

"Yes you are!" Monty exclaimed. Hugging the girl and spinning her around. Monty was happy for her. After all this time, she finally found somebody.

"Did you tell him? Make a move or anything?" asked Monty excitedly.

(Y/n) shrugged, "I told him my usual pick up line this morning."

Monty knew this pick up line. It was adorable, but (Y/n) often over used it. "Let me guess," he said, "'You're cute, can I keep you?'"

The girl nodded. "Yes."

A cough was suddenly heard from the other end of the corridor.

Bellamy.

"H-how long have you been there?" (Y/n) stuttered, embarrassed.

Bellamy had something in his eyes. That's when (Y/n) realized it was anger. "Not long."

Without a warning, Bellamy pushed Monty back, "Listen, I know she's cute but she's mine. Touch her and I'll kill you," he said, fisting Monty's shirt.

"Hey," Monty said in a small voice, "This is a misunderstanding. It's not what you think it is."

"Yeah?" Bellamy said, his tone rising. He wasn't buying it.

"Look, man, I'd never date her," Monty said, louder this time, "She's like my sister. It would be like, incest."

Bellamy calmed down after this explanation. He faced (Y/n), who had her arms crossed on her chest, confidence written all over her posture. "Since you assaulted the closest thing I had to a brother just because you thought he was hitting on me, I'm willing to bet that you like me too."

"Wait," Bellamy said, "You feel the same way?"

(Y/n) shrugged shyly. "I think so."

"Good, now kiss it make out or something," Monty said. He ruined the moment.

(Y/n) rolled his eyes, pulling Bellamy away hand in hand. "What a buzzkill."

↱ by hesragnorssoulmate ↲