Hypersensitive

You struggled to stand, your body almost numb and your teeth chattered beneath your breath. You could see the icy air blowing from your lips with every breath you took and you shivered beneath your dirty clothes.

Your mind began to race, your vision distorting and your posture wobbled as you surveyed the area for your tent. Your eyes caught Bellamy, instead. Swallowing back the lump in your throat, you took a deep breath, your eyes heavy as you trampled your way over to him.

Bellamy instantly held his arms out to you before you could fall to the ground, helping you up and you lent your shoulder into his chest, your breathing shallow and he looked down at you, you hair covering your face from him.

"Whoa. Careful there, baby." He chuckled teasingly, his arms unwrapping from your waist and he moved them to hold your arms. He pulled away as soon as his palm made contact with your icy skin, a hiss slipping from his lips and he touched your arm again.

Looking down at you with concerned eyes, he pulled you up to look at him. "Y/N, you're freezing!" Bellamy gasped, his eyes widening when he finally saw your face. Your lips were purple, almost blue and your eyes were drooping. Your hairs stood on end, goosebumps riddling your bruised skin and you shivered in yourself.

Harper approached the both of you, Clarke following behind with worried eyes as she watched the both of you. Harper pulled you into her, squeezing your body within her arms and rubbing her hands up and down your back in a quick motion.

"What's going on?" Clarke demanded an answer, scared at your sudden outburst and the look of your sickly pale skin. Harper whipped her head around. "She's hypersensitive. She always has been. There's a storm coming." Harper rushed her words, pulling away from you so Bellamy could wrap his larger arms around your frail body.

You shook within your skin, your hands balling into fists and you weakly tugged at Bellamy's shirt, trying to pull him even closer to you. "What the hell does that mean? How do you know?" Bell's chest vibrated as he spoke, somehow soothing you and you relaxed into his embrace.

Harper sighed. "She's always been hypersensitive to everything. Illnesses, headaches... weather. I can't explain it but even on The Ark, she'd get like this whenever there was a storm brewing on earth." Harper tried to explain, Clarke's eyes widening and she quickly surveyed the camp.

"So there's a stor-" A rumble of thunder cut her off, everyone's eyes wearily searching the area and the camp fell silent. Few drops of rain began to pelt upon you all, Bellamy immediately pulling you closer to him and Clarke turned to you both.

"Okay, get her into the dropship and strip her from the wet clothes. Harper, help me round everyone up." Clarke instructed, Harper nodding and following her as they wandered around the camp.

Bellamy released his grip on you slightly, wrapping one arm below your shoulder blades and the other behind your knees, lifting you from the ground as you cuddled into his chest. He took you into the drop ship, taking you to a small corner where a makeshift bed had been situated.

He gently laid you down, pulling off your boots and tugging down your pants. You shivered even further, your teeth chattering louder and Bellamy watched as he continued to strip you. "I know, sweetheart. Just hold on." He spoke soothingly, although his voice was rough and raspy.

You could feel the cold seeping through your skin and to your blood, your heartbeat dropping and you could feel the lack of blood pumping through your veins. Bellamy skillfully removed your shirt without tearing it, grabbing a blanket and wrapping it around your stiff body.

Just as he was about to pull it closer to your chest, you shook your head and grabbed his wrist. "You need to strip too." You swallowed, your voice shaking and he froze for a minute before nodding his head, pulling away and stripping his shirt over his head.

Usually you'd take the time to appreciate his body, adoring the way his muscles flexed with every move he made, but you were too cold to focus on anything other than the sound of your dimming heartbeat.

Bellamy kicked off his shoes and socks, stepping out of his pants and he quickly lifted the blanket, watching you shift slightly to give him room. As soon as he let the blanket fall over his body, you snuggled into him, your legs tangling together and you cuddled yourself into his warm chest.

Bell couldn't help but let out a small hiss as your cold skin touched his, a grumble falling from his lips and he pulled you closer, wrapping his strong arms around you, allowing his body heat to radiate to you.

"I'm s-sorry." Your teeth chattered as you apologised for making him cold and taking up his time. He didn't mind though, he'd always make any excuse so he could hold you like this, however he didn't like the fact that you were almost entirely frozen because of the weather.

He pressed a soft kiss to your hair, his thumb drawing soft patterns on your arm and he shushed you softly. The warmness of his body seeped through your skin, you blood warming and pumping in your veins and you could feel your heartbeat slowly return to it's regular beating pace.

"How are you feeling?" Bellamy asked quietly, listening to your shallow breathing. You shifted slightly. "Cold." You croaked out, a small smile tugging at your lips and he felt you smile against his skin.

"Get some sleep, okay? I've got you." Bellamy hummed softly and you nodded your head, finding it increasingly difficult to even keep your drooping eyes open any longer. Before you knew it, you fell asleep to the sound of Bellamy's quiet hums of your favourite song as he played with your hair.

Clarke wandered in with Harper, pulling the sheet - used as a door - closed behind them and Harper let out a sigh of relief. "How is she?" Clarke whispered, noticing the pile of clothing on the ground and realising he'd done what she told him to. "She's still cold, but she's okay." Bellamy spoke just above a whisper, his eyes never leaving your face that was squashed adorably against his chest.

Harper let out a smile and placed a small cup of water and bowl of rations beside you, taking a few steps back and standing beside Clarke. "Make sure she eats and drinks when she wakes up." Bellamy nodded, freezing when you shifted against him until you let out a sleepy sigh, your breathing heavy and he knew you were still asleep.

Both Clarke and Harper left the dropship, Bellamy kissing the top of your head once more and letting out a playful sigh. "Trust you to be hypersensitive." He chuckled to himself with a happy smile tugging on his lips.

↱ by broodybell ↲