Sleepless Night (AU)

It was one of those nights that whole cast was together having sleepover. This time it was at mine place that I shared with Marie. Nights like these always consisted of watching movies and eating anything we had in the fridge or food someone had brought. Everyone had found a comfortable place all around the living room with me managing to get the most comfortable one as always. I was lying on the couch snuggled to Bob who had his arm around me as I rested my head on his chest.

The whole cast was really close to each other, but me and Bob were closest. Even though the cast loved to tease us about it saying that we should get together, they had gotten used to it. So they wouldn't question us, when Bob mindlessly ran his fingers trough my hair just as now or when I brought him food to the set that I had cooked for him, because it had become normal. However I had to admit that the thought of being us together sounded tempting to me. I was aware of those feelings I had for him, of the fact that I was in love with him, but I kept it to myself too afraid to being rejected.

Everyone around us had already been asleep as the fifth movie that night played on the TV screen. I had no idea what was it about since I didn't pay much attention to the story, but I kept watching it since I couldn't bring myself to sleep. As the ending credits started rolling in, I heard incoherent murmurs and I immediately knew the source. I tilted my head up to see Bob with closed eyes. I couldn't help but grin as I watched him murmuring from his sleep because I found it extremely cute.

I carefully reached for the remote control turning the TV off and placed my head back on his chest closing my eyes. However as much as I tried the sleep kept avoiding me. Suddenly I heard snorts coming from nearby and as I peeked my eyes open I found out it was Jarod snorting. After a while that and Bob's murmurs started to irritate me. I contemplated if I should just wake them up, but at the end I decided against it, not having the heart to disturb their peaceful sleep.

Finally I gave up on sleep and cautiously got out of Bob's hold, making sure not to wake him up. Then I quietly tiptoed out of the living room grabbing a blanket and made my way outside to the terrace. It was warm night with clear sky but the cold breeze made me shiver so I put the blanket around me, sitting down. As I sat there I thought about everything.

I thought about how much had my life changed over the years. I thought about all the amazing people I had gotten to know. And of course I thought about Bob. As I was looking at the sky, I tried to recognize all the constellation that he had showed me the other night that had been similar to this one. Back then I had been really close to admitting my feelings, but at the end I had backed out too afraid of his reaction. Lindsey kept telling me that he's totally into me, which was nice to hear but still it was just her thought so I decided to stay quiet about it.

"Rehearsing our scene?" I jumped up a little startled by someone's voice, which brought me back to the reality.

As I turned around my eyes landed on Bob standing there with sleepy eyes and a smirk playing on his lips. As I observed him I nearly forgot that he asked me a question, but then I quickly realized that he was talking about our scene from the script that we had just received, which was basically us talking under the stars. However it was the end of the scene that made me nervous every time I thought about it because we were supposed to kiss.

"Come join me, Blake," I recited my line smirking back at him.

"Is that an actual line from the scene?" He asked me while approaching me.

"Yeah, haven't you read the script yet?" I asked him as he sat down next to me.

"No," his answer made me relax as I realized he didn't know about the kiss just yet, "I just know we're going to talk while stargazing. Why? Is there something special about the scene?"

"Not really," I shrugged offering him the blanket and he pulled it over both of us, sneaking his arm around my waist to bring me closer to him, which made my heart flutter.

"So what were you doing here?" He changed the subject staring at the sky above us.

"I couldn't sleep and you talking from sleep with Jarod snorting was driving me crazy so I came here to watch the stars and think," I explained resting my head on his shoulder.

"You could have just slap both of us," he stated, his hand now playing with my hair once again.

"I am not that cruel. I would never slap Jarod, even though I was thinking about slapping you, but that would wake everyone," I teased him with smile as he looked down at me, trying to look hurt.

"I feel offended," he tried to pull away from me, but I pulled on his t-shirt, keeping him from moving any further.

"I was just kidding," we stayed silent for a while until I spoke up again, "It's funny how our job forced a group of people to be together and now we can't imagine our lives without each other."

"Yeah, it's pretty awesome, isn't it?" he looked at me and then kissed the top of my head, making my cheeks heat up and my stomach fill with butterflies.

"Yeah, well, it could be better, but it could also be worse. I mean, spending time with the alpha male is something," I teased him referring to the poll he had won a while ago. Since then I had been reminding him about it knowing how happy remembering that win made him.

"How long are you going to tease me about it?" He rolled his eyes, but couldn't hide the smile that spred all over his face.

"As long as it'll make you smile."

"You are weird," he chuckled shaking his head at me.

"But you can't live without me," I grinned trying to ignore how close our faces were.

"Unfortunately, it's true," he agreed with a playful look on his face and then stayed silent looking in between my eyes before continuing, "You know I wouldn't change this for any oscar-winning role or anything, because this show brought me a family, it brought me you."

His eyes were full of something that resembled love and I wondered if he recognized the same look on my face. Overwhelmed by the emotions I crashed my lips on his without thinking about it. However after a few moments I realized what I was doing I pulled away quickly, not even noticing that he had actually kissed back. With horrified expression on my face I looked down too ashamed to face him just to be turned back to him as he grabbed my chin gently.

"Was that also in the script?" He asked with a cocky grin, resting his hand on my cheek.

"Actually, yes," I admitted flustered, trying to read from his face what he thought about the kiss, but all I could think was that he actually happy about it.

"Then we better start rehearsing," he smirked connecting our lips once again and I smiled into the kiss, happy that I used my heart instead of the brain for once.

  ↱ by beautiful-chaos-blake ↲