Regret

Bellamy'd been distant. Ever since... the incident, he hadn't really spoken much to anyone or done anything. No one could blame him, your death had had an impact on everyone in camp. Your strength, your wisdom, everything you so effortlessly contributed to the camp had been an example set for the camp.

Everyone looked up to you, while Bellamy had loved you.

Even if it'd been a short time he knew you, he knew how he felt about you. There was no mistaking the way he felt. But now, as he thought back to the moment you'd run in front of him and taken the wound that should've killed him, all he could see was regret. Regret that he hadn't told you sooner, regret that he hadn't protected you better.

Regret that while you're sacrifice had helped everyone, it only damaged you more.

Bellamy had never felt like this before... so empty. He hadn't known what he had until he lost it.

So as he sat in his tent, staring at nothing and everything at the same time, with silence filling his ears... He hadn't expected your voice to interrupt that silence. All you'd said was his name and Bellamy had jumped up the second he heard it. Whipping around faster than he'd ever done before, finding his eyes widen extremely in shock. There you were, standing there as if you'd never left.

You looked tired; exhausted. You'd lost your jacket somewhere along the way and your tank top had rips all over it. Your dark jeans had dirt and mud stained all over it. Your hair was messy in it's ponytail but you had a light smile on your lips, and you seemed genuinely relieved to see him.

"Y/N..." Bellamy breathed, taking a hesitant stepped forward. "How- How are you....?"

"I managed to get- Bellamy, it doesn't matter." You dismissed, shaking your head. Stepping forward yourself, you reached for his hands; "I'm here." You whispered, biting your lip. "Please tell me, I didn't fight to survive for nothing."

Bellamy reached for your face, unclasping your gripped hands to grab ahold of your cheeks. Leaning into his hands, you smiled. "I thought you'd died, Y/N." He mumbled, and you closed your eyes in exhaustion. "I thought I was never going to see you again."

"I'm here." You mumbled back, "i'm here now."

Bellamy's soft face, gentle whisper was so unlike him but it didn't even run through your mind. Because you were so happy to be in his hands, his warmth again, it'd been a long couple weeks. You were beyond tired. You'd come from death too many times to count, but you didn't regret it. You only regretted never being able to tell Bellamy the truth.

"I love you." Bellamy mumbled and you smiled; "I love you too, Bellamy." You nodded, looking up into his dark eyes. "I had, and I always will."

↱ by justauthoring ↲