Jokes On You

"Hey Bell!" You called to the taller boy laughing when you saw him sigh and look at you expectantly.

"Yes Y/N? What is it today?" He teased as he poked your side playfully, letting his soldier act down.

"What's brown and sticky?" You asked, looking at him, watching as he smirked and shrugged, letting you have your fun.

"A stick." You replied laughing to yourself. You loved bad jokes. They were your favourite. What was even better however was Bellamy's reactions.

He glared at you out of the corner of his eye. You had been doing it for the last few weeks and it did provide Bellamy with some amusement, relief at times, despite what he said and how he reacted.

____

The next day you approached him again. He snorted as you stood expectantly before him.

"Yes Y/N?" He rolled his eyes.

"A Roman walks into a bar. He holds up two fingers and says I'll have five drinks please." You erupted into a fit of giggles, bending over.

"Get it? Because his fingers make a V? Which is five in Roman Numerals?" You wheezed, tears obscuring your vision.

He smiled softly at you. He found it kind of adorable when you laughed at your own jokes. He nodded.

"It's very good Y/N." He admitted as you stood up properly. You waved goodbye and he swore quietly to himself as his heart beat faster in his chest.

"You've got to be kidding me."

____

As the days went by, Bellamy Blake fell harder in love, your jokes getting worse and worse but Bellamy enjoyed hearing the flitter of your voice and your distinct laugh.

"Do you want to know why I don't trust atoms Bell?" The split of a smile already on your features.

"Why?" He taunted, pretending to look genuinely in concentration. You snorted and winked.

"Because, they make up everything!" Bellamy actually did laugh at that one. But you didn't know whether it was at the joke, or your excitement about the joke. Either way his laugh was refreshing and nice to hear among the camps usual groans and complaints.

Smiling you squeezed his hand.

"Just you wait till tomorrow. It's going to be a good one." You chuckled, tripping over the dirt on your way.

____

Then, tomorrow arrived. But you never came. He didn't see you anywhere in camp. Or the day after. And then the day after that he realised something had happened. More like someone.

He went out at once, following any possible sign even if it was nothing at all. He barely slept and kept moving forward. A need to finding you driving his very move. In the back of his mind he knew it was them. Always them. Always the Ice Nation. Always Azgeda. He missed your jokes. He missed you. And they were going to pay for that.

He exhaled, seething with rage as he neared the border, the forest become colder with every one of his steps. The trees had collected frost, slight snow scattering the ground. That's how Bellamy knew he was going in the right direction, his breath becoming a cloud of freezing smoke.

____

When he ventured closer into the heart of the forest of the Azgeda did he find you. Your hand tied behind you around a tree, warriors crowded around you, snarling and spitting in your face. Bellamy was pleased to see you kick one of the men in the face causing his nose to bleed. What didn't please him however, was when the knife the man was holding slashed your thigh which caused you to cry out.

He aimed his gun at the warriors, feeling his breathing become laboured as he hovered over the trigger. He hesitated, and cursed himself before one of the other Azgeda fighters kicked you in the stomach.

Bellamy pulled the trigger then. Not noticing he had until the man had hit the floor with a loud thud. He shot the rest easily after that, a array of dead bodies as he stepped out of the bushes.

He ran over to you, taking in your bloodied features first. You had a black eye, blood dripping from your nose and a cut on your forehead. Grazes scattered your knees and bruises covered you from head to toe. Bellamy's hand cupped your cheek as he cut the rope binding you and helping you to your feet.

You looked into his eyes and let the spark light up, a smirk dancing around your lips.

"Bell." You croaked. He looked up at you in concern before you spoke.

"What did one ocean say to the other ocean?" You exhaled in a slight laugh as he looked at you in bewilderment.

"Nothing. It just waved." You started laughing but groaned when it hurt your stomach, the bruising pulsing a dark unpleasant colour.

Bellamy snorted unbelievably at you and picked you up carrying you back to Arkadia.

"That was a pretty good one Y/N. Sleep and think of some for when we get back home." He whispered in your ear, his soft humming lulling you into a deep and much needed sleep.

↱ by imagine-the-100 ↲