Sick Days (AU)

The alarm sounded as light shined through the room. A soft groan escapes your lips as you wait for your boyfriend to get up and turn the annoying sound off. Some days you'd get up to turn it off, but for one, it wasn't even meant for you, and you also had a heavy feeling throughout your head.

"Good morning beautiful" says a groggy voice.

Lifting your head out from under the covers, you see your boyfriend standing next to you on your side of the bed. His hair was a ruffled mess, joggers barely hanging on his waist, and a small smile planted on his face. When his eyes met yours, he could instantly tell that something was off.

"Babe are you okay?"

"Yeah, my head is just killing me and-" you start but get cut off by a sneeze. "ughhhh."

He gives you a look a pity and of uncertainty of how to help. A few more sniffles and sneezes escape from you and he leaves the room. Heaviness takes over your eyelids causing them to close. You are unsure of how many minutes have passed by, but are awakened by Bob coming back in the room. His hands are full of grocery bags causing you to look at him with confusion.

"What do you have there" you ask.

"Everything and anything to make my girl feel better" he says with a cheeky smile.

"Awwe you're so sweet, but you know you don't have to do that. And besides, don't you have to get to set?"

"I took a sick day" he answers casually.

"What? Can you do that" concern fills your voice.

"Well not to sound like an ass, but when you're one of the stars, you can do almost anything you want."

Looking at your boyfriend in admiration, you think about how lucky you are to have him. Growing up, your mom always babied you when you were sick, so it's nice that Bob is doing the same. As you try to sit up in bed, groans and sighs leave your lips as you feel discomfort throughout your entire body.

In response, Bob sets the bags down on the edge of the bed and starts fishing out some items. Some of the objects he pulled out were a box of tissues, ibuprofen, cough drops, and last but not least, a little tiny teddy bear.

"So how about we get you feeling better?"

"Go ahead doctor" you smirk. A laugh leaves his lips as he gives you some medicine and hands you the bear he just bought. He leaves your side for a moment to heat you up some tea and comes back with a movie in his hands as well. Once the movie turns on, your face lights up with excitement. "You are the actual best."

"Why, because I know my girlfriend's favorite movie?"

"No, because you spoil me, even when I'm all disgusting and sick."

"You still look beautiful to me" he coos.

"Oh please. I have snot dripping down my face, I can't stop sneezing, and I have sweat covering my body. You don't have to say that" you joke.

"But I mean it. And one day when we say our vows and say 'in sickness and in health', you can know I mean every word of it."

"Don't get too ahead of yourself. The only sickness you are dealing with is the flu right now, but trust me it can and will get worse."

"And I'll be ready for it. No matter what I'll always be by your side because I love you" he says while grabbing your hand.

"I love you too" you respond. At your words Bob moves his face in closer to yours but you quickly place a hand on his chest to stop. "But because I love you, I'm not going to let you get sick like me."

↱ by imagines-for-your-soul ↲