Why?

As you tip toed through the camp you slowly reached the wall where a few kids stood on top of it, less then normal since it was in between shifts and dinner time so everyone was running late to their post so they could eat. Which was a blessing for you since you now had the darkness to cover you and less eyes to worry about as you headed for a hole in the fence right below their feet. But as you were throwing your bag threw the hole you heard a familiar voice behind you calling your name.

"Hey Monty, what can I help you with?" you asked as you stood quickly and turned around to look at the boy who noticed how fast you had risen, realizing you were hiding something. As he stepped around to see what you were hiding you quickly copied his movement to block his view.

"What are you doing (Y/N)?" Monty asked you with a smirk as he lightly pushed you aside with a laugh, only for his smile to fade once he saw the back pack half way shoved out the hole just big enough for you to fit through. "Are you insane?" he whisper/yelled at you as he spun around holding your bag filled with clothes, food, and water. "I know you are upset about Murphy but running away isn't going to help him, you are going to get yourself killed at most!"

"He's my best friend, I can't just let him be stranded out there with nothing but the clothes on his back, I need to find him and know that he is okay. Please Monty, don't tell anyone. I'll be back by nightfall tomorrow, even if I don't find him I'll come back and try again another time, I promise you." You said, pleading pretty much. You could see Monty's anger flickering away and him starting to cave.

"Fine! But if you are not back before the sun falls tomorrow I'm telling everyone, even Bellamy and you know how he can get when people go behind his back." Monty said as you hugged him quickly and mumbled a few thank yous as you shoved your bag threw the little hole, Monty holding the flimsy metal up for you to crawl out of.

"Yeah, he can be a dick like he always is." you said as you crawled fully out and threw the backpack on and started to walk away from the camp, as fast as possible for you only had twenty four hours to find Murphy and return to the camp.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You had been walking all night and the sun was starting to shine and you were loosing the darkness, suddenly becoming an open target for any Grounders arrows. And only after an hour of the sun being up you felt as though you were being followed but you just thought it was in your head for you had stopped multiple times and never saw anyone or heard anything. So you just shrugged it off and kept walking until you reached a body of water surrounded by bright green grass that went all the way up to your knees, tickling your finger tips. The grass closest to the water had a muddy base and a good amount had already fallen into the water, causing the water to have a mucky brown color to it. But you still bent down to wash your face and saw the water was still, meaning there was no current, and that it was a lake. So cupping your hands together you caused a rippled in the water and brought the brownish water to your face and splashed it on. You did that a few times until you couldn't feel the sweat dripping down your forehead. As you stood up and wiped your face with your sleeve you were hit right across the face, causing you to fall to the side of the muddy river and slip right in, even with your nails dug as deep into the mud as possible.

Dazed from what just happened all you could feel was water eating you whole as black spots flashed in and out of your sight. Before the water could weigh you down to the bottom of the lake a hand reached down and grabbed you, throwing back onto the grass. Letting out a few coughs off water you quickly grabbed onto your bag and pulled out a knife as you spun on the ground, knocking the Grounder down and then trying to stab him but being so weak and slow from trying to save all your food and water for Murphy you ended up missing him as he rolled away and only grazed his arm. It only took him a second to stand back up and hit you hard over the back of the head with the blunt end of his larger knife, causing you to pass out. From there on out you felt as if you were in a dream that was filled with pain. You came in and out of passing out from the pain of the torture that the Grounders inflicted upon you. But once they realized you were no use for them they dropped you in the middle of the forest to let you bleed out. For you had slices all over your stomach, right above your chest, your thighs, all over your arms, long streaks across your back, and small slashes across your cheek bones, right eyebrow, upper lip, both cheeks, and one long one across your forehead, and the newest of them all was the one slicing right across from your forehead, over your left eye and down to your cheek.