Chapter 34

Sincere Harris

My back was stiff as hell as I stretched, stepping into the shower at my home. Due to her being exhausted, I decided to spend the night in the hospital with India to help her with Nahmir. After many hours of being up and having an engaged conversation about his name, she decided she wanted me to choose his middle name as she chose his first name. All in agreement, we chose Nahmir Deon Washington. My love for that little boy has grown over a matter of just 12 hours, as I held him for the first time, fed him, changed him and stopped his little cries. Personally, I believe as a woman, I couldn't have declined the offer India was making me, but I really hope this doesn't all turn out to be a disgusting scheme she's conjured up in her rabbit ass mind. My guard will always slightly be up, but what I'm doing will never be for her or for me, it will always be for Nahmir. Whether he is Dre's child or not, he will be treated just as our baby girl shall be and he will be blessed to have the finer things. It's as simple as that.

After showering and placing on some comfortable attire, I made my way downstairs to be met with my lovely younger siblings. With everything going on, we've all been trying to fit time in together as Jayceon was situating his things with college offers and Kaylani has begun taking on majorette dancing as a new hobby. We've all been occupied, but the time we spend together is special.

"I have something to tell y'all.", I said, taking a seat on the couch. Kaylani sat on her phone, laid across the love seat, against a wall, taking pictures for Snapchat .

Jayceon was laid out on the couch, looking as if he was drifting off to sleep, watching an episode of Real Husbands of Hollywood

"What's up?", Kaylani asked, placing her phone onto her lap as Jayceon turned around to give me his undivided attention

"Well, y'all know India had her son.", I said, starting off as they both just looked at me with anticipation. "And after giving birth, she requested to talk to me and me only. She apologized for all the trouble she has caused and she asked me for a favor."

"Hold up, so you mean to tell me, this same lady who's been causing you problems, calling you all out your name and disrespecting you had the audacity to ask you for a favor? Mane, lemme' hear it.", Kaylani said, rolling her eyes in an agitated manner.