Chapter 33

Sincere Harris

This was the third time my phone would ring, but I refused to pick it up as I tossed and turned within my bed. I'd been up all night due to contractions, and I plan on sleeping as late as I could. The Apple ringtone soon ended, but it was as if of cue, my phone was ringing once again. It was turning into a tempo, a melody that wouldn't end until I tapped that green button. Finally, on the third ring, I decided to reach over and grab my phone from the night stand, placing it on speaker before setting it back onto the night stand. Whoever it is can talk, but I more than likely won't comprehend.

"Sincere!", Ju yelled into the phone, causing me to scrunch my face, closing my eyes.

"Huh?", I mumbled, starting to drift back into a deep sleep.

"You need to come to the hospital now! I don't think you would want to miss this.", she said, resulting in me opening my eyes.

"What happened?", I asked, trying to slowly force myself up. My baby weight was on full display right about now, but I'm still looking good as always.

"India is in labor.", she said, causing me to squint my eyes in confusion.

"I thought she wasn't due for like another month or something. What the hell she doing going into labor right now?", I asked, confused on the situation.

"She wasn't due until a couple weeks from now, next month, but she's been doin' some wild shit, so they had to schedule her a c-section. She's put the baby in danger and if they don't get him out now, he might not make it Sin. I'm about to head up there now, because despite how much I don't like her ass, that could still possibly be my little god son in there.", she said, causing me to palm my face. This girl has been trouble from the start, but I couldn't dare turn my back right about now. I'm a grown woman, and I can put the little girl games aside to actually be there for her. I can only imagine how it feels to almost lose a child, because I was absolutely devastated when I lost mine. I'm not a bitter bitch, and I can be there for my potential "son", just from a different mother.

"I'm on my way.", I responded before we ended the call. Pulling my phone from the night stand, I sent out a message to Jayceon and Kaylani, asking them of their whereabouts. After that was handled, I completely rose from the bed, heading for my bathroom to prep myself to head to the hospital. My back is aching and my feet are swollen, but I have no choice but to push through it. Bed rest will never be an option with the life I live.

Making my way into the bathroom, I began doing my morning routine of showering, handling my hygiene and doing my minimal amount of make up. Throughout my process of doing my routine, I received a text message from Jayceon pertaining to their whereabouts.

LilBro 🏈❤️ : We're at the school, doing some volunteer work for these scholarships we applied for. We won't be home until a while from now 🙄.
To LilBro 🏈❤️: Alright, just text me when y'all get home if I'm not here.

Getting dressed had to be one of the hardest aspects of my life around this time. I'm six months pregnant and I honestly feel like I have six basketballs plastered against my stomach. My face is getting chubby and I'm starting to not be able to hold my pee if I need too. It always feels like something is applying pressure to my uterus and that's the absolute worst part about it. Despite my complaining, I managed to slip into my Polo sweat suit bottoms, followed by a Polo shirt and my matching jacket. It's been really chilly outside due to all of the rain, but I'm always prepared. Heading into the closet, I pulled out my all black, low 11's. Using my fingers, I loosened the shoe strings to my best ability and placed one of them on the ground, putting my foot inside. Using the chair that Dre placed into of the closet a while back, I hoisted my foot up and began to tie my own shoe. This is something he would always do for me, even before I was pregnant. Allowing a sigh to roll from my lips as I thought about him, I continued to finish getting dressed.