Chapter 40

Sincere Harris

I adjusted my cap onto my head and walked behind my classmates, along with Dre by my side, holding my hand. It has been a long journey, at the beginning of this school term, I was a stripper and it was something I planned on doing up until this point. Now, I'm eight, going on nine months pregnant with a baby girl. I have a little brother going to a D1 college, I have my own business, along with many more that I plan to conquer, I am pregnant with a little bundle of joy and I am about to receive my bachelors' degree. I couldn't be more excited.

"Renee De'Shae Hadley!", they began calling the H's and my heart began to speed up. I promised myself I wouldn't cry, but I am really doing this and I couldn't be more ecstatic.

The line began to progress and Dre looked over at me with a huge smile, almost as if he were the one graduating tonight. He gripped my hand a little tighter as we made it closer to the stage and I looked around for those that would be cheering my name. Of course they were not hard to spot out due to the huge sign with my name on it and the matching T-Shirts. I waved to them and blew kisses as Dre also waved, causing them to erupt in cheers. Our family wasn't the biggest, but when we show up, we show out. My sisters were in town, along with my dad's side of the family and our clique, followed by mama Gina, Kaylani, Jayceon and Nahmir sitting nicely on India's lap. I couldn't ask for more.

"Sincere Armani Harris!", my favorite professor did the honors of calling my name and Dre escorted me across the stage as I began to shake everyone's hands, going to receive my diploma. My baby bump was on full display under my gown and could hear my family screaming my name throughout the stadium. 

"That's my sister!", I heard Jayceon yell, causing me to peer up and see him holding a big sign with my face on it. I could feel the tears coming as I made it to the very end, shaking the president's hand as he handed me my diploma.

"I'm proud of you Ms. Harris.", he stated, pulling me into a hug, before giving Dre a quick dap before we both exited the stage. On the way down the stairwell, everyone was stopping to have their picture taken. I began situating myself, peering at Dre in a questioning manner.

"You look fine baby.", he said, smiling at me before motioning for me to step in front of the camera area. I took a picture alone, being followed by the camera woman motioning for Dre to get in the picture. He placed his hand over my stomach and I held up my diploma, letting off a hard smile before the picture was captured. She gave us an assuring nod before Dre escorted me back to my seat, before beginning to leave the stadium floor, heading back to his seat. I blew a kiss to him as he walked away.

Another thirty minutes had went by before graduation was officially over and it felt great to have walked across that stage. My feet were killing me and I was hot as hell in this gown, but I feel like my life is slowly but surely coming together. Walking outside of the civic center, I found everyone waiting for me with my banner, many balloons, cards and flowers. This evening is going down in history.

"Congratulations sissy pooh!", Faith and Harmony ran over to me, embracing me into a hug. I peered over them, looking at everyone else as tears began to fill my eyes. Never in a million years did I think I would even make it to see this day.

"I'm sorry.", I cried, holding my face in my hands, becoming indulged in my thoughts after everything I have overcome. I am not only proud of the young woman I am, but I am also proud of the young woman I am becoming. This has set the bar for being one of my greatest accomplishments.