Chapter 41

Deandre Martin

I fumbled in my sleep hearing cries. Cries that made me wipe a hand down my face. Turning over without trying to wake Sincere, I looked at our wall clock, seeing it was five in the morning. I peered over at Sincere, watching as she appeared to still be sleeping.

"It's Kaia.", she mumbled, snuggling up more in the comforter.

"I know, let me go get her before she wake up Nahmir.", I said, beginning to rise from the bag. Walking down the hall, I went to grab my baby girl out of her crib, rocking her a little, trying to soothe her cries. It was as if on cue, she stopped. I carried her back into the room, expecting to be able to lay her with Sincere so I could handle my hygiene, but mama bear was no longer in bed. Creating a little barrier with pillows, I laid her back down and popped a pacifier in her mouth to keep her occupied before heading into our bathroom, where Sincere was at her sink, handling her hygiene.

 Creating a little barrier with pillows, I laid her back down and popped a pacifier in her mouth to keep her occupied before heading into our bathroom, where Sincere was at her sink, handling her hygiene

"Welp, at least we got to sleep until five this morning.", she laughed, using her facial cleanser.

I admired her body in the mirror, not believing how she snapped back. It's been a month and a half since she had Kaia and it seem like nothing about her body changed, but her breasts getting bigger. My baby was still bad, and I was loving everything about her. Seems like I fell more in love with her after she had my baby girl and I can't help my emotions. I'd die for this girl, that's on my soul.

"Your daughter is a hell raiser.", I said, after brushing my teeth.

"Oh now she my daughter?", she laughed, rolling her eyes as she mushed my head, quickly ducking out the bathroom door before I get her back.

"Ima pop yo' ass in the head. Just wait on it.", I said, nodding my head in assurance. She was always putting her hands on me like I won't knock her ass into next week.

"Mhm, pop something else while you at it.", she stated as her voice trailed off, letting me know she was heading into the hall.

It seemed as if on cue, another cry was heard and this time, it wasn't Kaia. Luckily, I had already finished everything. I walked back into our bedroom and looked on the bed, noticing Sincere had took our baby girl downstairs. Heading into the hall, I went to Nahmir's room, removing him from his crib. He was getting bigger and now at three months, he was starting to really resemble me. I could see myself all in this little boy.

After changing his diaper and putting him into a onesie, we headed downstairs, where I could smell bacon. My nose perked up and the smell and so did Nahmir's as he giggled and clapped above me. Once making it into the kitchen, I put him in his high chair, next to Kaia allowing them to watch 'Baby Shark' on the digital screen I had installed in the kitchen. In the beginning, Sincere thought it was stupid, but I knew it would be a good investment. Making my way behind her, I began to kiss on her neck as she made pancakes on the griddle.