Chapter 13

Sincere Harris

"Please be safe and remember to keep me posted while you're on the road", I kissed Kaylani's forehead as she gathered her duffle bag from the trunk of the car. She held my body tightly and kissed my cheek before nodding in my arms.

"Always, love ya' Sin.", she smiled at me, turning on her heels to head to the charter bus.

"I love you too baby girl.", with those words, I headed for the driver's seat of my car, closing the door behind me.

Once my seatbelt was laced onto my body, followed by my aux blasting music from my phone, I peeled out of the parking space with nothing but free time on my hands. Within a matter of twenty minutes I sat back in front of the house, awaiting Jayceon to come out of the front door of our two story home. He was always stuck on trying to look cute and it really blew me sometimes because it never rested. No matter if he were with his homies, or going to a simple grocery store, he never wanted to look anything less than the ordinary. I couldn't really blame him because it was a habit we all had, but it always made me wonder about my little brother.

After a few minutes of waiting our front, he came emerging through the front door with a black jacket on, covering his football jersey, with a pair of plain, distressed jeans on his feet and his Chrome Jordan 8's.

"My bad, I couldn't find my headphones man

"My bad, I couldn't find my headphones man.", he blew out a breath, placing his phone into his pocket before sliding into the passenger seat.

"You're always losing them. I'll get you some more because mine have a shortage.", I shrugged my shoulders before pulling away from the curb outside of our home.

"Where Kaylani going?", he peered over to me.

"No where special, just Ft. Lauderdale."

"Oh, she was talking like she was going to Vegas or something.", he laughed, causing me to punch him in the shoulder.

"You always talking shit.", I gave him a look which only made him laugh harder, I couldn't refrain from cracking a smile at his foolishness.

"Aight, but no seriously, after this break, we have a lot to look forward to. Senior pictures, prom, and finally graduation."

"I know, everything is already saved and put up. You have about five thousand in that closed off bank account, spend it wisely.", I gave him the side eye.

"I'll need your help with a prom proposal. I don't know who I'm asking yet, honestly.", he peered over to me.

"You know I'll help, just let me know when.", we ended the conversation as light music from the radio played throughout the car.

The remainder of the car ride was silent until we arrived at the city community center. Outside of the building was the large group of football players from Crenshaw. Jayceon gathered his things as stepped out of the car as I let the top down. It was getting very hot and the sun was gleaming down upon us in this mid December.